How do I permanently allow certain programs?

Hello. I am wondering if there is a way to permanently allow certain programs to always have access to the Internet, even after a new version is released, and I install it on my computer.

As an example, one program that I use is a security program called “SUPER AntiSpyware” (SAS). This company fairly often comes out with new versions of their program. Every time I download and install the latest version of SAS, I have to go through the process of telling my Comodo firewall to allow it permission to connect to the Internet so it can check for updates. The same thing happens whenever there are new versions of Firefox, and other programs as well.

Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

EDIT: I just realized that I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. I apologize.

hi there
instead of allowing the application, you can choose/tick treat this application as==>trusted application

hope it helps

Thank you for the reply. I have no idea whatsoever how to go about doing that. Is that an option that can be chosen when the little window pops up in the lower right corner of my monitor, alerting me that something is trying to connect to the Internet, and asking me if I wish to allow it? I don’t recall having ever noticed that selection.

yes.IIRC there’s a drop down button so you can see the complete/advance popup menu.

rlprlp, If you right click on the Comodo icon in the taskbar(white shield) and then choose Open you will get the main interface.
From here click on “Firewall” then click on “Advanced”. You will now see four options, you want to click on the top one “Network Security Policy”
Now you will get a new window with “Application Rules” and “Global Rules”, Application Rules is where the various rules for each application/program are stored.

Have a look through the list to see if your programs are there, if they are you can do as Ganda suggested by double clicking the application and then in the new window check the box “Use a pre-defined policy” and then from the drop-down to the right select “Trusted Application”.

If you wish to add an application click “Add” then “Select” then Browse to program you wish to allow, then repeat above.

Matt

p.s. You can also do this from an Alert by selecting “Treat this Application as” choose “Trusted Application” and have Remember my answer ticked(screenshot below)

[attachment deleted by admin]

i’m wondering also: is there a way to “permanently allow certain programs?” - exactly that.