homepage hijacking

Dear Comodo!

I could <lots of impolite words!!!> care less if IceDragon is your product! I take EXCEPTION to the fact that you have arbitrarily blocked 3rd party security apps from preventing homepage changes in your browser!

I DO NOT WANT YAHOO AS MY HOMEPAGE!!! STOP CHANGING IT!!!

You do not have the <EXPLETIVE!!!> right to change “MY” settings every ■■■■ time you update the browser! KNOCK IT OFF!!!

For the official record!! Changing my homepage to Yahoo is NOT improving my web browsing experience! You are turning it into a NIGHTMARE!!!

CEASE AND DESIST!!!

During installation you have the option to de-select changing default page and search engine. I think it also gives you the option also when updating it. It doesn’t take more than a minute to change it to whatever you want. I’ll test at my end but there is always the option of using original Firefox if it’s causing that much issue for you.

Eric

I did, multiple times and despite the homepage security app I have… it was still changed back to the defaults without my consent let alone my knowledge.

This appears to be a bug. See solution here: https://forums.comodo.com/help-ndash-cid/580011-now-forcefed-yahoo-t121872.0.html;msg875495#msg875495

Hopefully it will resolve your issue.

Eric