High CPU usage 100% RAMDisk 12.2.2.7036

If they know symptoms and don’t know where to find in code, then I’m very sorry for them. :slight_smile:
Comodo will probably need better programmers.

I am not beta tester, I confirmed when there is CPU high usage, other person too - so it’s now up to Comodo’s programmers to reproduce this issue, not users.

Go back to an earlier build of Comodo and there is no issue with it, or change NTFS to exFAT on the imdisk partitions.

I wouldn’t mind them fixing it, but as long as there are workarounds they can focus on more pressing issues.

You probably don’t know how bugs “works”. It’s not that Comodo detects NTFS and start some “buggy” procedure. Bug can affect everyone - it is easier to replicate when ramdisk is in NTFS format, bu that doesn’t mean is related to NTFS. Somewhere in code some kind infinite loop is activated and is worth to investigate why. Because after some time you’ll realize that if you want to use Comodo Firewall without a problem, you will be forced not only to change NTFS to exFat, but also stop using software XXX or drive letter N:, or using some other tools etc. Error is not intentional so is unpredictable. In this case “focus on more pressing issues” would mean “forget it forever like it happens for many years”.

So you can replicate this issue with exfat?

“So…” at the beginning means you don’t really undersand what I mean.
There is no “so”, I never said I have this issue with exFat, I never said that it’s not working workaround - it is, but we still don’t know why that happens and when it starts behave wrong in other situation. Bug is something that should be found and fixed and people should not must changing strange parameters to made it work.

you don’t really undersand what I mean.

“I have problem A, why can it not get fixed immediately”

• “A is not a critical issue, because there are workarounds, meanwhile they are fixing XYZ”

“but I do not want to use workarounds, and problem A could also have been potential problems BCDEFGHIJKLMNO”

• “Can you confirm that you have any of these BCDEFGHIJKLMNO problems?”

“I want A fixed now.”

Blessed are those who in the 21st century can understand what someone has written, instead of trying to hide their ignorance with irony. BB.

Nah, you’re just needy.

Version 2024 is about to be released… they’ve recruited new programmers and promised to fix all the bugs.

Now’s the last time to report them and air your grievances here:

Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.2.8124 BETA - Comodo Internet Security - CIS / Beta Corner - CIS - Comodo Forum