heur.suspicious@104902093

Hello, I’m New here so I’m not too sure if this is where I’m supposed to post. (Sorry if its in the wrong area).

But I’m using Comodo, and when i tried to download this file, comodo would tell me that its infected with “heur.suspicious@104902093” and when I tried to search for it, there was nothing and I was starting to get a bit worried as I’m not really good with computer things like this.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Jo.

If you report it as a false positive to the Comodo Malware/False-Positive Submission they will analyze the file and send you an email letting you know if it is dangerous. If it’s not they will remove the detection from the database.

If you would like for us to check it out ourselves can you please upload the file to http://www.virustotal.com/ and post a link to the results.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
I was wondering what you meant for me to do.
Did you mean that I should try to download that file again and then upload it or …?
Because I’m not too sure what I’m supposed to be doing.

Sorry and Thanks again!

If it’s a file you think is safe then yes, you can download it again and then upload it to the site as a false positive. If you don’t think it’s safe then don’t worry about downloading it again.

Alternatively you can start a post here:

and report the heur.suspicious[at]104902093 as a false positive and they should be able to tell from that whether it is a dangerous or not.

I hope this answered your question.

I just realized that if you have the file in quarantine you can temporarily disable your AV and restore the file. From here you can upload it to be checked.

You can then re-enable your AV and re-quarantine the file until you receive the results of their analysis. As long as you have Defense+ enabled and block any alerts you should be fine, even if it is malicious.

Hello, I’m new here, also don’t know where to post.I have from time to time heur.suspicious@9973. Please help,
Ky

Please report the file being identified as a false positive to the Comodo Malware/False-Positive Submission.

They will send you an email with the results and it usually only takes a few hours. It depends on how many other people are sending them files at the same time.