help!!!!!

i installed comodo backup on my computer,and made a backup of my c: to f: by choosing Disk, Partitions and MBR as the backup source and Clone disk/partition as the backup format.after it had been done,i found my f: became absolutely the same as the c:.and all the other files originally on my f: had been lost.then i uninstalled the comodo backup on my computer.and found another problem,that the size of my f: is now as small as the size of my c: about 20g smaller than before.i have 2 questions:first could i have some ways to get all the files originally on my f: back to my computer;second as my hard disk is now 20g smalller than before,could i have some ways to restore the original size of my harddisk?

This requires a few hours of restoration I’m afraid, and it it’s well possible that the data that is overwritten by the clone data cannot be restored. There are several tools that can restore the partition table, and also files that can scan a disk for ‘lost files’ but the chances for recovery reduce every time something writes to disk f:
so please make sure you don’t write anymore to it.

Next it would be best to find someone that can help you try to restore your data, unless you have a backup and are ready to remove the partition table on drive F: and create a new one so your ‘lost’ 20GB reappear.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but …

I believe your F: drive (as it used to be) is gone and the contents are unrecoverable.

This is unfortunately due to a fundamental error you made at the beginning of the backup process. You selected to “clone” your C: drive and the application did exactly that - created a clone of the C: drive (partition size, MBR, folders and contents) on your F: drive - effectively you have duplicated your C: drive.

Rather than selecting “Disk, Partitions and MBR” in step 1, you should have selected the next option “Files and Directories”. This would have created a backup of just the contents of your C: drive (all the files and folders).

Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ewen :slight_smile: