help topic: Configure-the-Sandbox.html#adv_sandbox_settings [M2283]

1: A link to the relevant help file page:

2: What the help files says on the issue of concern (if anything)

Enable automatic startup for services installed in the sandbox - Services that are installed in the sandbox will not be able to run at Windows startup. Select this check-box to allow them to do so. (Default = Enabled)

3: What you think it should say or explain

Enable automatic startup for services installed in the sandbox - If enabled, services that are installed in the sandbox will be able to run at Windows startup. (Default = Enabled)

4: Why you think it should say or explain that

If “(Default = Enabled)” is correct, “will not” is wrong.

Not really incorrect. :slight_smile:

from v10 text:

Enable automatic startup for services installed in the container - CIS permits contained services to run at Windows startup only if this option is enabled. Clear this check-box if you do not want those services to run at Windows Startup. (Default = Enabled)

Actually v10 doc is wrong while 8.4 is correct unless it is a bug because I just checked. Services created in containment will start the next time the containment service starts e.g. you run virtual desktop task, a file is auto-contained to run fully virtualized, or you right-click on file and choose run in comodo containment,etc.

Sorry, I used the old URL.

v10 is correct.
You should set the cmdvirth service to Auto if you want that.

In either case the cmdvirth service is set to manual startup regardless of enabling the containment setting. The help doc is misleading by not stating that the containment service must be set to auto for services created in containment to start with windows.

How about:
Enable automatic startup for services installed in the container - CIS permits contained services to run at Containment startup only if this option is enabled. Clear this check-box if you do not want those services to run at Containment Startup. (Default = Enabled)

I have submitted your change suggestion.

functionality explained here:
https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/sandboxed-ransomeware-t119671.0.html;msg860104#msg860104