help needed

i have a cable connection. first time i connected to net the local area connection popped up and i allowed it. it is there in my network places. nowadays the problem is that sometime when i connect to net another connections (local area connection 1, local area connection 2) pops up. whether i allow these connections or click on close i m able to use the net. i want to know whether these another local area connections are related to my net subscriber or are these connections suspicious. is it normal and common to get these local area connections pop ups with different ips sometimes. i have added one then why sometimes these two local area conections with different ips appears. are these connections related to my subscriber?? should i allow these or not?? please help in detail.

thanxx

naren

What do the pop ups say? Can you be more descriptive or post a screen shot?

pop ups are the same

NEW PRIVATE CONNECTION DETECTED

LOCAL AREA CONNECTION / LOCAL AREA CONNECTION 1 / LOCAL AREA CONNECTION 2 (WITH DIFFERENT IPS)

ALLOW / CLOSE

when you enable automatically detect new private connection then whenever comodo detects new connection a window appears. i m talking of that window

Hello Naren,

Looks like your pc/modem connection is on DHCP with a short lease time.
Every time you get a “new” ip address you will get this pop up.
Are they all in the same range ?

sometimes its 192. …
sometimes its 172. …
sometimes its 72. …

Greetings!

The following IP-ranges are for private networks:

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

It’s been a while since I was on a modem, but does it use an internal IP (like one of the above)? If so, adding the network range for the internal IP should work. Then you can disable automatic detection of new networks.
Also, do you have more than one connection shown in Network Connections in the Control Panel?

Cheers,
Ragwing

yes i have more network connections in the control pannel but all are disabled except the one currently in use. yaa it uses an internal ip like the one you have mentioned.

Go to Firewall-> My Network Zones, and add a network zone for your internal IP-range (for example, 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255), and turn off the function to automatically detect new networks in Miscellaneous → Settings.

Cheers,
Ragwing