help needed

HKCR\CLSID{A0739DE5-571F-11D2-A031-0060977F760C}\VersionIndependentProgramID\

HKCR\CLSID{A0739DE5-571F-11D2-A031-0060977F760C}\ProgramID\

HKCR\Control\

HKLM\Software\ComodoGroup\CAV\LicenceDllPath

windows registry cleaner finds this. what is this?? is it safe to delete this. please help

Hi naren, is this a French PC?

toggie are u kidding. it is an english pc. can u solve my prob or anyone please

Sorry, I was looking at one of the CLSID and had a brain F*** :slight_smile:

Have you looke at the values for these keys:

HKCR\CLSID{A0739DE5-571F-11D2-A031-0060977F760C}\ProgramID\

HKCR\Control\

This looks normal, are you using CAVs?

HKLM\Software\ComodoGroup\CAV\LicenceDllPath

well toggie i dont know what these keys stand for and their values. yes i m using cfp,cavs,boclean and ve. i just wanted to know if these keys are related to any of these products, otherwise deleting these keys will have adverse effect to these products functioning. i think the last key is related to cavs so deleting it will affect cavs performance, m i right?? what about the other keys yaa??

If you open the keys in regedit, is there a value? Fir example, if you open:

In Regedit, is there a value in the right window?

i deleted the cavs key coz windows registry cleaner put it in the invalid registry section. deleting the key will affect the performance of cavs or cavs in any way

It appears to point to a licence dll, but I have no idea about the long term impact of the removal of the key.

As my colleague asked in your other thread, what is windows registry cleaner?

As a future precaution, never delete anything, until you know exactly what it is, just because a piece of software tells you to.

thanxx toggie. i m new to the forum. is there any way i can directly ask melih about the problem. email or any other option coz as u said long term impact, that only i want to know any kind of visible or invisible prob or not

Your best bet would be to either post the query in the CAVs form, or submit a ticket to support. You can find out how to do that, here:

Is this the only place to get support for CAVS2?

Leave them. Its only a few entries and it isnt worth the risk in removing them.