HELP : can't update windows (download issue, not the installation)

errr,sorry, but what am i supposed to do there ??? checked the link and i’m lost, where do i get the update? what update should i download? i just wanna download the ones the autoupdate feature give, not the other advanced update.

The latest bulletin (with the updates for the month) will be available if you click Microsoft security bulletin for Month Year.
Let’s take Vulnerabilities in DirectX Could Allow Remote Code Execution (941568) as an example. If you read under it, you’ll see it applies to Windows, so you might want to check it out. Then click the Component (in this case, DirectX) that you have for your OS, and then download it. These are the same ones that you can get thru Windows Updates.

Cheers,
Ragwing

:■■■■ thx a lot!!! :■■■■

:frowning: >:(

;D

Glad you got that resolved Ganda.

Ragwing, that’s a helpful link. And yea, I knew it was one of those days towards the beginning of a month. I had just read it online somewhere: Moral of this story, the Internet lies :slight_smile:

Congrats on the 1000 posts. I just passed 100 and I’m jumping for joy! :BNC

Dave

here’s what i’ve got from windows customer support >:( :
Based on the current status of the issue, I suggest we first try the following general steps to troubleshoot the issue. After finishing each suggestion, please go to the Microsoft Windows Update site and check the result there. Thanks for your efforts in advance

hmm, ofcourse i’ve tried these “general” troubleshooting steps before submitting any support request 88)

and after i reply email no.1, here’s email no.2

[b]Suggestion 1: Cleanboot

1. Click Start, click Run, type msconfig in the Open box, and then click OK.
  2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
  3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the following check boxes:

• Process SYSTEM.INI File
• Process WIN.INI File
• Load Startup Items

1. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
  2. Click OK, and then click Restart.
  3. Retry Windows update.

Note: To revert back to normal boot, run msconfig again and choose Normal.
[/b]

done! no progress,still got the error. >:(

If the steps above still giving the same error code, uninstall all your security software for the time being until the issue with Windows update is resolved. Kindly refrain from browsing to unknown website to avoid malware infection.

what now?uninstall all these security software of mine?! >:( i give up on the automatic update. i’ll use cracked version instead ;D