Hackers

Well,thx for voting,you are all welcomed. :slight_smile:

Other standpoints are welcomed. :slight_smile: . iā€™ve decided to launch this poll because many companies in the past have recoursed to the use of professional hackers with mixed results like microsoft for windows vista and mozilla with the public release of its fuzzers which has held to the detection and resolution of critical security flaws . :slight_smile: Users of products tend to find ways to defend their systems while hackersā€™ mindset will obviously be to break into it. iā€™m taking no stand, just want to kick off a debate :smiley:

First of all,

http://i44.tinypic.com/24pews7.jpg

But I think that it could be a good idea for getting some leaks outā€¦ But hackers will probably only use leaks in Windows instead of security productsā€¦

Xan

I guess you mean the use of capital letters,thx :wink: .as for the hackers it depends on how you motivate them,monetary rewards could be of some use but recognition for work done would likely be a bonus for them. In fact, the aim could be to make them compete with each other and the more they help to fix comodo issues, the more they will be rewarded.this is just a idea.

However, donā€™t misread my words, by hackers i mean professionals,not unethical individuals,aiming only at maximizing their welfare at the expense of other users. :wink:

I donā€™t question the abilities of people working at comodo or of forums users, but sometimes to point out details that no one has ever noticed,you must be an outside observer.

I guess you mean the use of capital letters,thx
Yep that one, and the others to of course ;)
as for the hackers it depends on how you motivate them,monetary rewards could be of some use but recognition for work done would likely be a bonus for them.
I thought most of them just like to get known ? or is that an idealistic image ?
I don't question the abilities of people working at comodo or of forums users, but sometimes to point out details that no one has ever noticed,you must be an outside observer.
True, and that's were also leaktest come in :)

Xan

What do you mean with ā€œhackerā€? ???

There is a community, a shared culture, of expert programmers and networking wizards that traces its history back through decades to the first time-sharing minicomputers and the earliest ARPAnet experiments. The members of this culture originated the term ā€˜hackerā€™. Hackers built the Internet. Hackers made the Unix operating system what it is today. Hackers run Usenet. Hackers make the World Wide Web work. If you are part of this culture, if you have contributed to it and other people in it know who you are and call you a hacker, you're a hacker.

[ā€¦]

There is another group of people who loudly call themselves hackers, but arenā€™t. These are people (mainly adolescent males) who get a kick out of breaking into computers and phreaking the phone system. Real hackers call these people ā€˜crackersā€™ and want nothing to do with them. Real hackers mostly think crackers are lazy, irresponsible, and not very bright, and object that being able to break security doesnā€™t make you a hacker any more than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive engineer. Unfortunately, many journalists and writers have been fooled into using the word ā€˜hackerā€™ to describe crackers; this irritates real hackers no end.

How To Become A Hacker

Whatever you mean, my answer is: Sure! Unless they did something so they should be sent to jail instead, of course. 8)

They could be complement rather than substitute for internal and forum expertise.

Iā€™ve been ā€œtestingā€ the strength of Comodoā€™s Firewall Pro Since 2008
I can hide from defense+ but cannot get through the firewall(yet)
I have a total of 77 people helping/testing this with meā€¦
Comodo Has People Who Are Perfectionist At What They Do; I honestly say thats all they need :stuck_out_tongue:

Jacob,

True but leaktests like Matousec tend to have a particular view on how firewalls should be and work.The objective with inviting professional hackers or other talented outsiders would be to act proactively and anticipate the threats of tomorrow. For sure the aim of comodo as pointed out by the ceo is to use prevention as the first defense layer but iā€™m talking about proactiveness : to fashion up a competitive edge over the technology of today . Donā€™t you think it is worth a try ? Those people involvement would only be sporadic of course. I cannot deny the great job being done by comodoā€™s people and the forum :ilovecomodo:

Thanks for your views Jacob :slight_smile: They are welcomed

Other companies use pro-hackers to highlight weaknesses in their security software, but then most other companies charge for their software as well, I assume partly so they can pay these hackers for services rendered. If hiring hackers is going to add a price-tag to CIS, then definitely no thanks! Comodo software can become first-class without them!

soome people give hackers a bad name, but I see it as a opportunity. While each person is different with different brains, so everyone has there own thought process and style. Like if 2 different people with equal skilles and training, the 2 people will have their own style of testing. Lets take hacking into choicepoint( as an example). With equally learning and training, choicepoint can get hacked by the same method, but by 2 different techniques(styles)

Itā€™s still early in the morning, but I hope you understand it :slight_smile:

There are White Hatā€™s, Grey Hats, Black Hatsā€¦
depending on which you are talking aboutā€¦ lol

Jacob