GUI does not show up anyore...

I have a very strange problem. Just after installing the latest version of Comodo firewall (WinXP Home, 32bit, SP3), everything seemed to be working fine. However, quite soon the tray icon did not react anymore on left or right mouse clicks. Also, starting the gui from “Start - Program files - Comodo - Comodo firewall - COMODO Firewall” does not work anymore. The gui simply does not show up anymore. Looks like Comodo is running fine: cfp.exe is running, and I do get an alert when an unknown program tries to access resources. Also, when I click on the tray icon, cfp.exe is running 40% for less then a second. But nothing is shown on the screen, no user interface. So I cannot change any of the options. I tried Comodo a few months ago with exactly the same results. Switched off my virusscanner (AVG-free, checked Windows firewall is off). What could be the cause of this strange problem? Maybe the user interface is outside my monitor screen for some reason? Already tried the GUI bug fix, no results. Nor does re-installing makes any difference. Any advice how I can tackle this problem is very welcome (specially because I do not want to return to ZoneAlarm).

Looks very similar to:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cis-installation-file-t66369.0.html;prev_next=prev

Dag medelander. Welkom op de forums. :slight_smile: Now back to English.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Please make sure none of them are no longer present.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase

Does this help? Can you also see if there are D+ alerts for AVG and post a screenshot of the D+ alerts when there are?

EJH, bedankt voor je reactie.

Find out that many Comodo users have exactly the same problem: AVG2011 does not seem to be working correctly together with Comodo firewall. By the way, no AVG alerts. Shutting down Windows did not not work either: cfp does not close automatically. All problems went away after de-installing AVG. So finally I installed Comodo antivirus…