Guardian Edge - Encryption Plus

I run comodo on my two laptops. On one it works perfectly - hoorah!

On the other, which has its hard disk encrypted by Guardian Edge Encryption Plus (GEEP), the installer for GEEP is constantly invoked during boot, installation of new software and (for some reason) when Firefox (3.0 and 3.5) is launched. Cancelling the installer simply triggers a new instance of the installer; cancelling the second instance is ok. During the installation of new software, the GEEP installer can be invoked multiple (many) times - each requiring two cancellations. Arggh. :-\

The only way to stop this happening is to completely disable D+ (deactivate D+ permanently option). Leaving it active, but with all its monitor settings unchecked does not resolve the problem. Choosing Disabled state (but not deactivating) does not resolve the problem.

The issue seems to arise in conjunction with items logged as Access Memory events in the D+ log. The application triggering the log entry is msiexec.exe and the target is cmdagent.exe.

I like the concept of D+ and would like to be able to use it on both laptops. Any suggestions, please!

Let’s see if solving the access memory helps or not:
Select Defense+ -->Advanced → Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select Edit → Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify → Add -->Now use Running Processes or Browse to point to the concerned file(s) .
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.