Guard64.dll has corrupted hash

Greetings,

Full uninstall of CIS (with the special comodo removal utility), then new download and install of CIS leads to a CIS installation that has guard64.dll still corrupted.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thank you,

B

look here:

https://forums.comodo.com/search?q=guard64.dll

1 Like

The event viewer says for guard32.dll that Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. I have this result on my PC’s but it does not prevent CIS from running smoothly.
I think it’s an old problem between CIS and Windows 10, see here Guard64.dll causing disk check alerts. The post is from 2016.
Best regards.

Hi burialfaith,

Thank you for reporting.
guard64.dll is used to check other injections. It is expected behavior, such error can appear in this process and is not an issue.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Actually it is, I have a situation where everytime that message comes up and I mean every time, the game I am playing Shadow Of The Tomb Raider dies, there is no other reason mentioned in any of the logs and the security log correlates to every time it bombs out. I even left event view open on the Security log to prove it to myself.

Issue is not occuring on win 8.1, but does on win10 and win11.

Do we have to wait for CIS 2024? Ă´.0

Greetings,

So its a fake file to act as bait for virus injection?

Thank you,

B

Hi burialfaith,

We will take this to the team notice and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

just did a fresh install and had this guard64.dll audit failure - it repeats constantly - uninstalled and reinstalled and it happens again – win 10 pro fresh system (new 10 install) - has any progress been made on fixing this? best for Christmas and new years to all

Hi macguru,

Thank you for reporting.
guard64.dll is used to check other injections. It is expected behavior, such error can appear in this process and is not an issue.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like