guard32.dll

Hello, I’m new here and I hope somebody has a solution for my problem.

I repeatedly get the popup panel with the message that the guard32.dll has been found in the user’s block list and thereby HIPS Application Control has blocked the execution of this file.

But to enable the execution I have to manage the HIPS Allow/Block list within Antivirus. When I try to open this list by pressing the Manage button the list is seen for one second. The following moment the whole Antivirus panel shuts down.
I think the reason for this behaviour is the blocked execution of guard32.dll, but the result is that I cann’t reach the Allow/Block list.
Has somebody an idea to eliminate this problem.

Thanks in advance.

turn off HIPS before going to the list

I think the reason for this behaviour is the blocked execution of guard32.dll, but the result is that I cann't reach the Allow/Block list.

Hi,

This is a well-known bug of CAVS.
Attempt Xphome suggestion …

Tuned off HIPS by rightclicking on the AV icon in the systemtray and activated "Disable HIPS Application Ctrl. Then by activating “Show Comodo Antivirus” managing the Allow/Block list is disabled.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling CAVS.

Yes, I was afraid for that, but I will do that. I´m wondering if the result will be the same because it is a known bug. So the same result would be logical.
Thanks anyway.

I was afraid for that

I can understand :smiley:

When reinstalling CAVS enables immediately file “guard32.dll”.

If you install even CPF3, you may choose to disable the HIPS CAVS.

What? I am running the newest versiom, and this is the very 1st time I have received this “guard32.dll” thing from my WinPatrol. So tell, what is up with this and what should I do?

The new version of what?

Here we are talking about CAVS.

BTW you should enable “guard32.dll” because it is a process of CFP3.