I have done a test using the GRC site.

The results are given below:

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2009-02-03 at 09:21:50

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open
0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

1056 Ports Tested

ALL PORTS tested were found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: FAILED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,
- NO unsolicited packets were received,
- A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.

Please let me know if there is any correction required in my setup

I am using 3.5.57173.439 firewall

I did not get any popup from comodo during the test, as was the case in another similar query

Thanks

If you’re running your internet via a router it was probably the router that was tested. You will need to go into your router stats and disable ping response.
Maybe somebody else can elaborate on this as I am certainly no expert on this matter :slight_smile:

I would say that it has been testing your internet router and not your pc.
CIS default install will block icmp echo requests.

I tried this test and it returned with Trustealth results. Great.

Hi
Thanks for the response

I am using a router…
so what action should i take to plug this hole, or it is not dangerous ?

Thanks

Hi,
In my opinion,if you are useing a router,maybe you couldn’t useing a firewall.Because the router have a firewall.

I don’t agree to that statement, a hardware router firewall is your first layer of defense.

After that you could have a local and/or wifi network so it’s useful to have a software firewall also, and on top of that a software firewall will also “alert” you if some application is trying to connect TO the internet.

Just responding to an icmp echo request is not so dangerous, it will only tell somebody that there is something active on that ip address.

Maybe what you said is right,but I think for a normal people,a hardware firewall is enough.
In my view,IP is very important,I feel a need to hide it.
thanks.

But now somebody get’s infected with a Trojan Downloader etc, with a firewall you will get an alert that program xyz.exe is trying to access server/port etc… without a software firewall you will never know that it send you credit card details out to it’s control server.

Yes,I agree.Comodo firewall and D+ are good for protecting computer from the virus.

Only if those “normal people” want a false sense of security.

Here is an analogy for you. Say you live in a high crime area. Would you feel that because you’ve locked your gate, you don’t need to lock your house as well? Seems a bit silly not to take the extra precaution doesn’t it? And I don’t think anyone would say that the internet is a safe neighborhood…