Goodbye Comodo

It is a sad farewell to a software (CIS) and a forum I was so excited and happy about… But your excellent firewall and security suite is going to be more and more bloated within every release since version 3.0, without correcting the issues from version 3.0 till today (5.3.) - One of the major issues is the TVL, that has been filled with unclean sh… - I hear many people complain that they are getting infected because of a whitelisted vendor, including myself.

It’s time to say goodbye Comodo and Melih. Your vision is strong and you have been SO innovative. But now I must leave you. It just isn’t good enough to me. I don’t trust your software anymore. Neather do I trust your company, and your forum and your staff and members.

I wish you all luck… Thanks for protecting my pc.

Bye…

Jannik

Do people try to get their feelings/concerns across at all anymore or is it easier to just throw your hands up and quit? Did you ever voice these feeling before? How can you formulate the opinion that this forum isn’t trustworthy in 6 posts? I don’t get it…

Sorry to hear about your concerns and problems. Also sorry to see you leave as I am sorry to see anyone leave.
Now as far as getting more and more bloated, I don’t agree and I am yet to find anything else lighter on system resources (I guess you have found something). About the TVL causing problems, most or all of this is just speculation and not the problem. If a problem arises it is all to easy to blame something someone else has talked about.
I would like to know the reasons that you don’t trust the Company, Forum, Staff and Members.
If their is some reasons let us know so we all have the oppurtunity to resolve it. If you have a gripe please help sort it out. I am talking as a Member here and I and probably many other members would like to know why you have no trust in us. This Forum has numerous Members from PC Techs all the way down to new users, but I assure you most of us do our best to help and to say you don’t trust us is a little offensive. I am a Member and you have no reason not to trust me and many others. Thanks for listening to me and I do hope you reconsider your leaving. Thanks and Kind regards to you
Edit- Typo

While it is terrible to see you go, the forums exist for a reason and that is to voice your opinions about the products and help Comodo develop a superior product with you in the end, benefiting.

The forums allow you to voice concerns in many ways, be it sending messages directly to the company staff, moderators, or posting in general areas where everyone can see and discuss the issues and the possible concerns.

There is no such thing as a perfect security solution (not yet) but Comodo is the closest thing I’ve seen to one, so instead of throwing your hands up and giving up, why not try to make this serious issue clearer to the software developers so it can be researched and fixed?

About the TVL causing problems, most or all of this is just speculation and not the problem

No it actually isn’t. I and many others has been infected because of it. - And then you will ask: Why hasn’t you contacted the staff to get it fixed? Simple: Because it does not get fixed. Comodo has proved to me too many times, that some things does not get fixed, when you ask for it.

I would like to know the reasons that you don't trust the Company, Forum, Staff and Members

Because IMO Comodo is a very unprofessional company. - Maybe I trust the members including you, but not the company and it’s software.

While it is terrible to see you go, the forums exist for a reason and that is to voice your opinions about the products and help Comodo develop a superior product with you in the end, benefiting.

The forums allow you to voice concerns in many ways, be it sending messages directly to the company staff, moderators, or posting in general areas where everyone can see and discuss the issues and the possible concerns.

There is no such thing as a perfect security solution (not yet) but Comodo is the closest thing I’ve seen to one, so instead of throwing your hands up and giving up, why not try to make this serious issue clearer to the software developers so it can be researched and fixed?

Justin, many moderators has left Comodo in protest, I don’t know who, but i know that some mods has left Comodo, because of the way they were treated here. And i’m not a moderator, I just don’t trust Comodo anymore. - And no such thing as perfect software? No, I agree. But that TVL IMO is so dangerous to have, that you, as it is right now, don’t get much protection, because there is so much sh… on that whitelist, that makes D+ etc. useless. Adware is enough fiasco to me.

What did you and these many others get infected with because of the list?

I always have thought, and still do, that the TVL is not extensive enough. Too many safe things produce alerts and I never got infected by anything on the list. This is the main reason why I ultimately decided to only use the basic firewall functions and nothing else. Too many alerts about safe actions by safe apps and nothing malicious ever being found or stopped. I actually have never been infected by anything since I first got on the net back in 1999. My AV of choice at the time always prevented it.

Although we don’t totally agree with one another, I am sorry to hear of your problems and concerns.
The world is getting a hard place to trust anyone (understandable), but unlike you I have quite alot of trust in Comodo. I would also like to thankyou for the quote above, which is excluding us members from your do not trust list.
Once again sorry to hear about your concerns and I wish things worked out different. Kind regards

Not all problems or request can get fixed in a timely fashion or may be judged as not as important by Comodo.

Because IMO Comodo is a very unprofessional company. - Maybe I trust the members including you, but not the company and it's software.
That's a broad sweeping statement. Care to elaborate on it?
Justin, many moderators has left Comodo in protest, I don't know who, but i know that some mods has left Comodo, because of the way they were treated here. And i'm not a moderator, I just don't trust Comodo anymore. - And no such thing as perfect software? No, I agree. But that TVL IMO is so dangerous to have, that you, as it is right now, don't get much protection, because there is so much sh.. on that whitelist, that makes D+ etc. useless. Adware is enough fiasco to me.
Many moderators? Can you give me multiple names?

Sorry people, I don’t know enough to stand behind my claims. I have just seen some signs that others don’t like Melih and the company, and it’s very strange, cause I don’t see any problems at all. So it confuses me a lot to read that some people including a former mod, “Xperience” say all these things. - I read many things, and maybe it would be a good idea not to trust everything I read. - But all these things are making me insecure. If a company can’t be trusted, how can you trust it’s software. I’m very sad, cause I used to love Comodo, thinking it was brilliant, so it’s very dissapointing to hear all these bad things…

http://temerc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8320

I find it said that people gives a company the fault if they get infected; when we buy food we analyze if it’s okey or not and we should the same thing when software downloaded.

you can easily make d+ give you warnings even if a trusted vendor is about to get installed (look at the attach pic).

Could you tell me what bugs are still CIS 5 that should have been fix from CIS 3?

Regards,
Valentin N

[attachment deleted by admin]

All sides of the story…

The reason why I left - eXPerience

As You said with Your own words “maybe it would be a good idea not to trust everything I read”.
Well , use Your imagination , think and draw a conclusion , do what You have to do - but do it by yourself.
Don’t let to anyone do it for You and do it according to Your brain and conscience.
Simple as that.

I find it said that people gives a company the fault if they get infected

That was a crazy comment…

The insane TVL is not my creation. Why doesn’t Comodo only add the MOST trusted vendors over all? In the Microsoft class? Adding more rubbish vendors over years does not make a product more usable.
Let’s assume, that I answer EVERY D+ alert right, takes properly care of EVERY firewall alert, antivirus etc. (I know actually a LOT about how to secure myself). - I’m infected because of the TVL anyway.

As You said with Your own words "maybe it would be a good idea not to trust everything I read". Well , use Your imagination , think and draw a conclusion , do what You have to do - but do it by yourself. Don't let to anyone do it for You and do it according to Your brain and conscience. Simple as that.

It’s exatcly what i’m doing… Using my brain. - I assembles the puzzle.

Wait, what? You’ve said this a couple of times now, what infection did you get because of the TVL?

Wait, what? You've said this a couple of times now, what infection did you get because of the TVL?

It was a trojan…

And IMO it doesn’t matter if it’s a trojan, rootkit or adware… Every PUA from every potentionally unwanted vendor, is unacceptable…

I think it does matter (a lot). If there is something on the TVL that is allowing Trojan infections on users systems, then it needs to be identified and corrected immediately. Which trojan was it? Who was the Vendor?

I think it does matter (a lot)

Well sorry for my bad english, you misunderstood me. I meant that I don’t care what the f… Comodo has on that whitelist, it has to be legitimate all the way, and no PUA, thanks.

Which trojan was it? Who was the Vendor?

It was a trojan.agent, it’s all I know. What vendor it was, hmm… I think it was that Live Messenger Removal tool I downloaded from trusted source back in december. And it was after the release of 5.3.

Please close this thread… I had changed my mind… I stay, can’t stop loving Comodo :love:

Your signature says otherwise, why isn’t comodo there!? :o