Give your Comodo Geekbuddy feedback here.

i think gb 60 days free is to short of a period. And it moved to a paid service prematurely.

It’s seems like some of these people are kids…or lack experience and proper training. often connecting to my pc…quickly looking around, and then asking again…what is the problem again? Often it takes 2-3 times of enhanceing the details of the issue… before they just give up… Going back and asking another tech the exact same questions, sometimes results in a fix. during my trial period… 3 of 10 issues were solved via gb. Those 3 instances were resolved in less then 1 hr. each time. Since those others issues were not corrected… the issues persisted and eventually crashed the pc and wiped those hd’s…one hd was rendered completely useless…it’s been years since i’ve seen a voltage exploit get through protections…it surprised me even more that comodo didnt even alert me or prevent it…

several times i’ve ended gb to prevent a techy from deleteing files or registries that were needed for normal operation of my pc…

wifi drivers, lan, sound…my mouse…creating firewal rules and anti-v exceptions that would leave me open to almost any kind of attack… i think i may have reported one of these people…but i always try to give people a chance…gotta make a start somewhere right?

why in the world he would do anything without asking first… is beyond me… and un-professional.

So, i’m left questioning weither i want to spend money on this product…or even chance useing it, if it might actually mess up my pc… I’ve stopped recommending it to friends, atleast untill i have more consistent results… but my trial period has ended =c
:-\

GeekBuddy is too “messy”. It gave me a message to change my OS upon reboot ???

I have personally never tried this service. The reason behind this is just this, I use comodo because of the control it gives me over my pc, and I am experienced enough to clean and or do a factory reset if need be. I would imagine though, as for the novice user and the GB, this could be a frustrating experience. A novice user who would need this service, would not know enough to fix their own system, which to me, leads me to believe they would have a hard time accurately explaining what their problem might be, which would also in turn make it hard for the tech to figure out what the problem is. This could lead to some not so pleasurable experiences. I do how ever think it is great that comodo offers a trial service for the novice user to test and see if they like before they pay for said service. The main thing I hope to see out of this is simple, I hope that comodo never takes away the advanced features to simplify for everyone, have seen this done in many suites.
I know that comodo is in hopes of expanding and fully understand this. So hopefully the GB service will fair well and the ones that are need will use, and keep this great product what it is!

Geekbuddy… :-\ no I can’t say I like the idea of someone being able to remotely access my PC, therefore I don’t even have it installed. And besides, a fresh copy of Windows with a clean installation of CIS barely has any need for it. I’ve disabled all forms of remote desktop, file and printer sharing, ect from my operating system because I’m kind of paranoid about backdoors, I mean what if a hacker exploits it to gain access into your PC??? :o

You would have to agree to the connection first. :wink:

Golden rule - NEVER allow auto-connecting in clients like Comodo Unite.

these guys rock in every way!!(Thanks Jacob :-TU)

:frowning: Not a novice computer user. Found it to be an irritating annoyance primarily because I wasn’t given the option to avoid installation. It lasted about three days on my machine- but only lasted that long because,overall, I “trust” Commodo. I trust Commodo a little less now. Recommendation: Offer an option to opt out of install for experienced users. Without that, there’s no chance that a user “like me” would be interested in purchasing the suite… or any component that includes the geekbudy feature (I run only the firewall) Kudos: To whoever wrote and included the uninstall program that actually works.

all cis installers give the option to opt out of geekbuddy install. in 5.8 you just have to click customize under the accept and install button

I also don’t like that it is installed by default.
But its Comodos legitimate right to bundle its software.
Look&read the installer window…there is a customize installer option below Agree&Install button.

I also don’t like the way it was installed. I assume that from a reputable company I should not have to do a customized install to not get GeekBuddy. I have been a Comodo supporter for a long time and will continue to be but if I have any problem getting rid of GeekBuddy I will reevaluate my use of Comodo CIS.

EDIT: I was a little hot when I found GeekBuddy was installed but it was easily uninstalled. Just used the Windows 7 uninstall.

I can’t say I care for it either. While I’m certain this may be a valuable service for some,
it should be an option in the installer; not a requirement. I don’t appreciate it when
software packages install “surprise” unwanted/unneeded features on my PC without
my prior consent, especially when it involves the placement of additional icons in the
notification area/desktop, and adds startup items for things I don’t want running and
don’t want to have to shut down manually. If there hadn’t been an option to uninstall
it in add/remove programs, I would have ditched the entire software package immediately.

I downloaded CIS from:

The version number is 5.8.213334.2131

If I download future versions of CIS, I’ll definitely want it without Geekbuddy.

An FTP link to a clean version would be appreciated.

its not required. you just have to click customize and uncheck geekbudy

You are correct, sir.

I reinstalled just to look for this option. The only two that were obvious
to me were the DNS Server and the Cloud Behavior options. The
Customize Install is indeed present, but didn’t catch my eye. I guess
I should know better by now… everything requires close scrutiny.

Thanks for pointing this out.