Give me some good reasons to switch from fire fox to comodo dragon

Hi:
Looking for thoughts on why I should switch to CD.
Sounds like it needs a lot of work :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I use both.

Firefox is used when I spend a lot of time on the web, because it has all the tools I needed.

Comodo Dragon is my default browser, I use it to open links my friends send me, to see my emails, do a quick search …

You shouldn’t if you don’t want to do it.As simple as that.Your choice what browser to use.

have you played around with the Dragon extensions (same as chrome extensions)?

thanks
Melih

Hi Melih,

Sorry if it took time to answer and also sorry for my English, I’m French and I use Google Translate to help me.

To answer your question, I prefer to use CD as light and fast as possible. This duo has been meticulously thought, Firefox + Comodo for me the two are complementary: Firefox: The Heavy browser on which I sailed slowly but surely. Comodo Dragon: The fast - which is my default browser - That I use to open all links and images, to prevent disruption of my work on Firefox.

I could never do without FoxyProxy and NoScript ^ ^

There really is no reason to change from Firefox to any other browsers; and there are many reasons to change from others to Firefox.
Just try them all and you will see.

Like speed? Like number of security holes? Like built-in features?.. Everyone can play with his/her own browser, security…

I use 4 browsers at a time. (Dragon, Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera) :stuck_out_tongue: They all have their strengths and weaknesses. My preferred browser of choice was Firefox until Dragon came around. I had been using Firefox since it was called Phoenix in the early days of its existence. I still use it, but not as much as I do Dragon! IT IS SUPER FAST! I refuse to use IE unless absolutely necessary

:P0li think firefox is the best browser out there.it really doesnt matter what browser you use,i mean after all the web is still the web no matter how you get to it.and having 4 browsers at once is just plain ridiculous.you the user behind the keyboard are in charge of your own security.

I’ve never found a reason to switch to anything but IE8 and believe me, I’ve tried them all and keep going back.

You don’t know what you’re missing. Even Safari is more extensible than that abomination Microsoft puts out.

I’ve had IE8 kill my whole browsing session because of one stupid tab, where as with Chrome/Dragon/Firefox4 will not do that as the tabs are separate processes. IE claims to have that, but it really doesn’t. It’s also still tied too much to the OS as much as Microsoft says it isn’t. People say Firefox is a memory hog. IE8 is that much worse.

CSS Homer, animated | Ned Batchelder – IE does a poor job at rendering this page and most extensive “Web 2.0” pages. It can’t even gain a near passing score at any of the ACID test (which measure web standards) Sure IE is fine for basic use, but that is really about it and those unfortunate corporate souls who had their IntraNet app coded to IE.

Here’s a near surefire way to never use IE: Use a Non-Microsoft OS. You’ll learn to appreciate computers more once you rid yourself of Windows. O0 I took the plunge 6 years ago and haven’t looked back. I have Windows where it belongs… In a virtual sandbox. >:-D

Also, based on your signature, you may want to upgrade to another email program to at least one that is still receiving security updates. OE has been discontinued a long time ago and is widely considered to be a security risk. It can’t even handle something as simple as S/MIME (email) encryption properly.

Different Browsers serve a different purpose and have different functions(to me). As a part-time web developer, I unfortunately need all 4 browsers open at a given time to test my pages. (which are usually local) I use Chromium nightlies mostly for my day-to-day browsing (while I am waiting for Dragon to catch up) and the others for testing my pages. Not to mention, I contribute code from time to time in the Mozilla and Chromium Projects. I also provide feedback to both projects and Opera. It serves MY purposes to use 4 or more browsers, but it may not serve everybody else’s. This is why you have a CHOICE, regardless of what Microsoft says. >:-D

OE is not a security risk at all. There were problems a long time ago that were also fixed a long time ago. I think it’s the easiest and best email app that was ever developed and I hate that they stopped including it with IE. I also have absolutely no desire to use another OS. Windows is the top dog and deserves to be. To me going to something like Linux would be like going back to Windows 3.1 or even DOS.

I also don’t care about browser extensions. The web slices and accelerators offered for IE8 are all I need. If I was going to use another email program it would be Windows Live Mail. I’ve tried that and it works basically the same as OE so it’s okay. Thunderbird is a nightmare and impossible to get working right for all my accounts so it didn’t last any longer on my machine than FF did. I get all my mail through OE and POP3. I’ve never seen a reason to do it any other way and have never even tried IMAP. I have no idea what S/MIME is and you know what? I don’t care. I’ve never been infected with anything in 11 years so I’m satisfied.

I was wrong about it no longer receiving security updates. Apparently it still does even though it is discontinued in favor of Windows Mail. However, this recent CVE of a 9.3 out of 10 shows that it’s a pretty high risk, unpatched. [ NVD - CVE-2010-0816 ]. Get the patch if you don’t have it already [ http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS10-030.mspx ]

I also have absolutely no desire to use another OS. Windows is the top dog and deserves to be. To me going to something like Linux would be like going back to Windows 3.1 or even DOS.

You obviously haven’t tried another OS since before the dawn of the dot com era or you would not make such an ignorant correlation. Windows is only the top dog through monopolistic (illegal) practices.

I also don't care about browser extensions. The web slices and accelerators offered for IE8 are all I need.

Does IE8 warn you about as many malware sites like Chrome (soon to be Dragon), Opera and Firefox do?

Thunderbird is a nightmare and impossible to get working right for all my accounts so it didn't last any longer on my machine than FF did.

Seems like you have it rough with technology. I have used Thunderbird since it’s point releases (I think. 0.7) on multiple platforms (Windows, OS X, and Linux). I am now using Thunderbird 3.1.1. I have had only few issues with Thunderbird itself and those were solely related to using the bleeding edge nightly versions, which is expected to happen. I have pretty much every type of an account in Thunderbird (RSS, POPS, IMAPS, SMTPS) for various functions (Work, School, Personal). How it’s been a nightmare for you is beyond me. Everyone that uses it for at least a month loves it. I’ve switched several people (including elderly) to it and they couldn’t be happier. Anytime I have seen Thunderbird ■■■■■ up is due to USER error, when they don’t know what they’re doing and they need to be shown how to do things. (Which happens in other programs too)

I get all my mail through OE and POP3. I've never seen a reason to do it any other way and have never even tried IMAP.

Do you like sending your credit card number through the mail too? There is no reason to be using POP anymore since it sends your credentials IN THE CLEAR. At least use POPS so that your credentials are encrypted. (Check with your mail provider to see if they offer it, they should) Any bit of personal information that you send should ALWAYS be encrypted at all costs.

I have no idea what S/MIME is and you know what? I don't care.

I loosely told you what it was. It’s Email Encryption (Client to Client, in most cases) :-\

I have that patch. It’s listed as a security update for XP and doesn’t mention OE but the knowledge base article does.

You obviously haven't tried another OS since before the dawn of the dot com era or you would not make such an ignorant correlation.
I tried Ubuntu from a bootable disk image and hated it.
Does IE8 warn you about as many malware sites like Chrome (soon to be Dragon), Opera and Firefox do?
Yes and probably more, especially when the web and network shields of Avast! are working along with the excellent SmartScreen filter of IE8.
Seems like you have it rough with technology. I have used Thunderbird since it's point releases (I think. 0.7) on multiple platforms (Windows, OS X, and Linux). I am now using Thunderbird 3.1.1. I have had only few issues with Thunderbird itself and those were solely related to using the bleeding edge nightly versions, which is expected to happen. I have pretty much every type of an account in Thunderbird (RSS, POPS, IMAPS, SMTPS) for various functions (Work, School, Personal). How it's been a nightmare for you is beyond me. Everyone that uses it for at least a month loves it. I've switched several people (including elderly) to it and they couldn't be happier. Anytime I have seen Thunderbird â– â– â– â– â–  up is due to USER error, when they don't know what they're doing and they need to be shown how to do things. (Which happens in other programs too)
I tried very hard to get it to receive and send with all of my accounts but there was always something that wouldn't work and nothing suggested by anyone to fix that worked. I have little faith in anything open source and only use 7-zip because it's the only open source thing I've tried that actually works with no problems.
Do you like sending your credit card number through the mail too? There is no reason to be using POP anymore since it sends your credentials IN THE CLEAR. At least use POPS so that your credentials are encrypted. (Check with your mail provider to see if they offer it, they should) Any bit of personal information that you send should ALWAYS be encrypted at all costs.
At the moment I have no credit cards, or bank accounts for that matter. When I did, I never sent any of that info through an email.