Get Error: 1603 during install on Win7 Ultimate

Hi,

As of today I have downloaded Comodo Firewall several times from different computers. When I try to install it on my 32-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate I get to about 99% then the 1603 error message pops up.

I have used the Comodo clean up tool between installs but I still get the 1603 error message. No anti-virus is installed at this time (clean install).

Thanks for any help,

Charles

Hi CharlesEF,
You could try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility using caution only to remove CIS related entries, before attempting to re-install.

Hi,

I have since read that there are problems with the new version of Comodo and Avast. Since I will use Avast I just downloaded the previous version. No problems for now and I will stay away from v6 until fixed.

Thanks for the help,

Charles

PS: I thought I posted to the wrong group so I posted in the right group and used the Delete button to remove the first post. Well, after I re-posted the message the delete gave me an error message and I was stuck with 2 posts, sorry.

Hi CharlesEF,
This could have been due to timing, I may have posted in the other topic as you went to delete it or before.
Considering it was done in error and you tried to delete it, I will remove it for you. :wink:
Thanks.