Geekbuddy Causes Blue Screen

Geekbuddy Causes Blue Screen

Hallo

After some years I have decide to try your free products again.

I was impressed at the first time but at that time I had to many problems with the Comodo Firewall, couldn’t play online what I want and I have leave the product for good!

Yesterday I have download all free products and installed them from here but after some hours of using them, I had a message from Geekbuddy that something is going wrong with my system.

One or two times I have click the popup message and I can read the message which was detailed about the problem after all.
The next think happened was blue screen, every time I clicked or trying to see the Geekbuddy message, the result was blue screen!
That happened over 8 or 9 times before I uninstall the application.

I have now uninstall it and I think everything works fine again, if I will continue having problems I will post again.
I am running Win7 Ult 64

Thanks in advance

Hi,

This is the first time we see a report of a BSOD caused by GB, since LPS 4 has been launched. So my concern is that some other software or driver issue might trigger that BSOD.
In order to identify the cause of this issue, we need to have more details (operating system, security software, programs installed, BSOD dump file, relevant screenshots, PC settings and others) in order to try to reproduce the BSOD in a similar environment.

Alternatively, you can access http://www.geekbuddy.com/ and click “Chat Now” in the upper right corner to get in contact with one of our technicians or contact the support department at the following phone number, so we can properly identify and solve the problems you encounter:
LivePCSupport Phone Number: +1 571 730 5268

Thank you for your support.

Hallo Adrian

First of all thanks for your reply!

Second, what I can tell more about it, is that in BSOD was written this,
“cumon.sys FFFF8800120195
based at
FFFFF880001200000
datestamp 4e64a34a”

After that I have uninstall it as I have wrote at my first post.

I don’t have a dump file, my operating system is “Win7 Ult 64” and I have a lot of programs installed, I have also the Microsoft Security Essentials.
I know I am not telling you a lot from what you are asking for but that’s what I can at the moment.

Thanks

Are you sure there is no dump file even though you had a blue screen? How is your Windows set with regard to dump file? Full dump or mini dump?

The BSOD information you are providing did you write it down on a piece of paper when you got the blue screen?

Hi,

If the BSOD was triggered by cumon.sys it means you have CPM (Comodo Programs Manager) installed, which causes this issue in certain configurations and scenarios. The problem is being investigated at the moment.

In the meantime, you can uninstall CPM and then GeekBuddy will work just fine. Please let me know if the issue was resolved after uninstalling CPM.

Thank you for your support.

Good day Adrian

Yes I have uninstalll both of them and I had no problems yet, everything works fine since then.

Thanks

Good day Eric

Yes there is not a dump file because I couldn’t ever setup this thing.
I have search today around internet and I think I have do it correct now.

Yes, my BSOD details from above,
“cumon.sys FFFF8800120195
based at
FFFFF880001200000
datestamp 4e64a34a”
are exactly from BSOD. I don’t know if is it enough although

Thanks

I

will download and install GeekBuddy to see the what will happen.

Thanks

Good day

I have install GeekBuddy and after of hours of using my pc I had no problems at all.

As Adrian said the problem was the CPM.

Sorry for the misleading information I gave but I wasn’t able to target the problem.

Thanks for support

Your information was not misleading. You made the best analysis to the best of your insights. :slight_smile: