Game Mode is still active after closing CIS [267]

The bug/issue

1. What you did: enable Game Mode, close CIS and open it again (or restart the computer after enabling Game Mode)
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Game Mode is still enabled
  3. What you expected to happen or see: Game Mode disabled, CIS should be in its previous configuration.
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: You can manually disable Game Mode, but the user can forget to do it (no warning), and it’s useless to keep Game Mode enabled after a reboot.
  5. Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: CIS 5.xxx.1135
  6. Any other information you think may help us: A topic in the wishlist…
    https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/disable-game-mode-before-closing-cis-t62127.0.html

Files appended

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: None
  2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: None
  3. A CIS config report or file. None
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: None

Your set-up

1. CIS version & configuration used: 5.xxx.1135, default Internet Security and Game Mode.
  2. Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: None
  3. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: default
  4. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win7 x64
  5. Other security and utility software running: None
  6. CIS AV database version: latest

+1

CIS, the program found in the Tray, is only the GUI. Any changes must be made with the GUI running. CIS will not revert to a previous state unless you tell it to.
This is not a bug, it is by design.

Yes I love this:
Bugged by design
Vulnerable by design

edit:
corrected a spelling error in my post

@John Buchanan:
Ok, I see what you mean.
But you can still disable Game Mode when the process (not the GUI) is unloaded from memory, like during shutdown.

As you stated in your report above, Game mode was still active after a restart.

Yes, and that’s a problem. Game Mode shouldn’t be enabled all the time.
Game Mode should be disabled before shuting down the computer.

If you say the GUI can’t change the state of the process before shuting down, fine, it was just an example.
The real problem is this unsafe state is kept upon reboot.

This is why you need to change Game mode after playing.
As I recall, there is already a wish on this to notify a user it is still active.

Why do you want to keep Game Mode enabled after e reboot?

To get a malware infection easily? ;D

Yes, I don’t see why he keeps on posting this, it’s a design flaw and he tries to pin it down on me by saying it’s my fault and I should (obviously) remember to disable Game Mode myself.

Way to treat a bug.

Just thinking out loud. The user should get the alert to switch back game mode at the moment the full screen is left.

The same when any of the comodo components (av, firewall, sandbox, d+) is off during more than X minutes a popup should appear with something like: Activate now, remember me in X mins, remember me in X hours…

yep, Windows does that with the update reminder, it’s annoying for a reason.