- What you did: enable Game Mode, close CIS and open it again (or restart the computer after enabling Game Mode)
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Game Mode is still enabled
- What you expected to happen or see: Game Mode disabled, CIS should be in its previous configuration.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: You can manually disable Game Mode, but the user can forget to do it (no warning), and it’s useless to keep Game Mode enabled after a reboot.
- Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: CIS 5.xxx.1135
- Any other information you think may help us: A topic in the wishlist…
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: None
- Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: None
- A CIS config report or file. None
- Crash or freeze dump file: None
- CIS version & configuration used: 5.xxx.1135, default Internet Security and Game Mode.
- Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: None
- Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: default
- OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win7 x64
- Other security and utility software running: None
- CIS AV database version: latest