Frozen Kiosk

After update of CIS 6 to 6.1 Kiosk frozen. Why?

configuration: Windows 7.

Tx

Can you please describe exactly what you are seeing? Under what circumstances is the Kiosk frozen?

It’s never loaded. I see just Welcome screen.

Can you please post a screenshot showing the furthest it gets in loading?

I resolve this issue that I uninstall 6.1.276867.2813 and install 6.0.260739.2674. However, now I’m afraid to update to 6.1.276867.2813.

When I was click to Kiosk icon was started and show up black splash window and I was wainting aprox. 10 min. but just that notihing to happen. Never entering in to Kiosk mode.

Could you open up a virtualized instance of your installed web browsers?
Also, did Reset Sandbox complete successfully?

Also, it would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of exactly what you’re seeing?

I saw Splash screen with “Kiosk is loading…”. But it’s never loading.

And I can not run any virtual browser.

Okay, can you please try reinstalling it by following the methods I suggest in this topic and see if that solves your problems?

Also, please let me know of any other security products which are currently installed on your computer. If any used to be installed, but are now removed, be sure to follow the advice I give about running the uninstallers for them.

If none of that helps please let me know and we’ll see where we can go from there.

Thanks.

I have to notice, that CIS 6.0 was crushed. CHKDSK reports that was files about CIS destroyed. What do you suggest? Reinstall on the same map or first try to uninstall?

About other protective software: Sandboxie, Anti-Mawvare and Spyboat and Reasrch.

Tx

The instructions in my topic explain what to do if CIS will not uninstall normally. However, whenever possible it’s best to see if it can uninstall normally first.

Okay, I understand that you have Sandboxie.
Are you saying that you also have Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, or am I misunderstanding.

If so can you see what happens if you uninstall Sandboxie, assuming you’re fine with reinstalling it if it turns out to not be the issue?

How come that CIS 6.0 works fine with Sandiboxie, Spy boat and research (TeaTime) and Malwarebaytes Anti - malware, but not not with CIS 6.1 with same programs?

However, before I installed CIS I was created System restore point. When I have a problem with CIS 6.1 I was uninstalled CIS 6.1 then I restored system on time before I installed CIS 6.1. Next step was that I installed CIS 6.0 and Kiosk works fine until when I updated to 6.1. Such updated CIS never loading Kiosk.

Are you saying that if you uninstall Sandboxie all of your problems vanish?

No, it’s not vanish, just Sandiboxie and CIS 6.0 working fine, even KIosk loading. But I’m not to upgrade to 6.1.

Okay. When you are ready to try CIS 6.1 again please see if the problems persists. If it does try uninstalling Sandboxie and see if that solves the problems.

Thank you.

I solve a issue about CIS 6.1 and loading Kiosk now fine. Also virtual browsers.
This is my way:

1. I uninstalled CIS 6.0.
  2. Run Uninstaller tool
  3. Install CIS 6.1 2801
    Bottom of the line: Even I you made System restore point before you install Cis does not remove all of CIS components. Even the Revo uninstaller does not help in my case. There’s no need to be uninstalled Sandiebox in my case.

I’d like to know if it Privacy firewall compatibility with CIS 6.1?

Thank you for your help.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know.

No problem. Please feel free to ask for help if you run into any other issues.