Front-end for Windows Firewall

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Now CCAV has an option to block TCP connections (in and out) for sandboxed apps.
On the other hand, non sandboxed apps can freely connect to the internet

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
It would be great to add a wizard to help the user in setting rules on Windows Firewall for every app, non only for sandboxed ones. Then, there could be an option to set Windows Firewall for blocking every outgoing connection unless an allow rule is present and to prevent every app (besides CCAV) in changing Windows Firewall rules

3. Why you think it is desirable:
This is the current trend, due to Microsoft suggesting to keep Windows Firewall enables even if a 3rd party FW is installed. There are several front-end for Windows Firewall, such as TinyWall, Binisoft WFC, Firewall App Blocker

4. Any other information, screenshots etc:
Attached screenshot is the rule wizard of TinyWall. Very neat and easy to use

i voted no.

there is no need for it. what could be good is cis with ccav instead the default av component… or ccav with builtin comodo firewall.

CIS/CFW need a kernel level driver, which CCAV doesn’t require, thus reducing any possible incompatibility

I’d rather just have a simplified, but equally powerful version of CIS’ firewall

“Equally powerful” meaning: integrating CCAV into CFW, but with a really simple interface with easy to understand buttons. And NO allow/deny PROMPTS

I voted no.
If i need an outbound fw i would just install a firewall, or an app control like tinywall/wfc …
This product must stay easy to use with little to none configuration needed.
P.s: if you want, you can always deny internet access to untrusted apps in sandbox in ccav. That’s all you need, since all the other apps are trusted.

You may want to block connections even to trusted files, if you don’t want them to connect out (i.e. to avoid telemetry data to be sent out)