Frequent crashes of cavwp.exe

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Problem happens every so often, but I don’t know the reason. So I cannot reproduce at will.
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1:Booted up Windows
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
I see messages in the event viewer that cavwp.exe has crashed due to platform.dll malfunctioning.
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
The program not crashing, obviously :wink:
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
Not applicable
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
None I know of
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
Maybe some Windows Update changes getting in the way of Comodo? Or an issue with some driver?

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
12.2.2.8012, custom proactive config
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Everything enabled (HIPS, Firewall, Containment, AV)
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
Made changes as per cruelsister’s config advice and have HIPS with autoblock enabled as well. Also, HIPS is set to secure all files.
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
No
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
Not applicable
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
Not applicable
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 10 21H1 x64, standard UAC settings, admin account, no virtual machine
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=Windows Defender passive b=Malwarebytes passive

Logfiles attached, but chrashdumps too large to attach.

Name of the corrupted application: cavwp.exe, version: 12.2.2.8012, timestamp: 0x600ac1e4
Name of the corrupt module: platform.dll, version: 6.5.0.962, timestamp: 0x5db1a003
Exception Code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x0000000000008de1
ID of the process that failed: 0x1bac
Start time of the faulty application: 0x01d7520052d81741
Path of the faulty application: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavwp.exe
Path of the corrupted module: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\platform.dll
Report ID: 53963f2c-22d5-4433-98e6-afa13028b896
Full name of the corrupted package: 
Application ID relative to the corrupted package: 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Is there any crash dumps located in the C:\ProgramData\Comodo\CisDumps directory? Although I think the next release is supposed to contain the fix for cavwp crashes, but I do not know when it will be released.

Yes, there are. Large files with lots of information about files stored on the drives…

So should I upload them somewhere? As said, CIS appears to log all sort of sensitive information to them. Any way to wipe information from them prior to uploading?

There is no way of scrubbing. Best thing to do is to offer C.O.M.O.D.O RT to a download link by pm. That way it won’t be publicly accessible.

Hi -MOKSHA-

Sorry for the inconvenience , cavwp.exe crash is a known issue, let us check your case. We will reach you through pm to get required log.