free or not? [resolved]

Comodo advertises its i-Vault software as “100% free.” But when you read the license to which you must agree in order to install the software, it states:

"[b]Anyone may use this software for an evaluation period of 30 days from the date you first install the Software on a royalty-free basis. Following this evaluation period of 30 days or less, [u]if you wish to continue to use Comodo i-Vault, you MUST purchase a license[/u] [/b]and register. If you do not purchase a license to the Software prior to the expiration of the Evaluation Period, the Software will become inoperable and automatically expire at the end of your Evaluation Period at which time you shall uninstall all copied portions of the Software."

So the “100% Free” advertising simply means it’s free for the first 30 days like every other trial software? It seems deceptive to me. It’s should state “free trial.”

G’day,

Regardless of the text in the EULA, i-vault is free- totally free. There is nothing to pay to use the software indefinitely - no limitations, no catches, just free.

I hadn’t noticed that before and I’ve been using i-vault for over 7 months. I’ll bring this to Comodo’s attention.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Ewen :slight_smile:

yabanci: Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is an old EULA that was never updated, and will be.

In short, yes, i-vault is completely free.

glad to hear it. I’ll give it a try then. Thanks.