forums.comodo.com is not a secure connection

https://forums.comodo.com

No idea why?

I wanted to open the forum with dragon, then I got the following warning:

This is no secure connection. Hacker could try to steal your data i.e. pass words, news or creditcard data.
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

You can help us to improve more Safe Browsing when sending us informations von the System und contents of the site to google. Privacy statement

More

This server could not prove that it is forums.comodo.com. Its security certificate is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. Possible reasons are a faulty configuration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Forward to forums.comodo.com (unsecure)

(a click on it and the forums opens)

Add ons in Dragon: umatrix-ublock origin- privacy badger - https everywhere
But by now I had no problems to open the forum. And of course I allow this site to open.

In IceDragon no such a warning!

They installed the wrong CA :-TD

SCAN RESULTS FOR FORUMS.COMODO.COM:443 - 178.255.82.137

• Certificate Information:
    Content
    SHA1 Fingerprint: f1a922b8becb2ee8325aa246dc7abc676c3bf317
    Common Name: forums.comodo.com
    Issuer: Sectigo RSA Extended Validation Secure Server CA
    Serial Number: 111919186942271125976989406319559534349
    Not Before: 2019-05-09 00:00:00
    Not After: 2021-05-08 23:59:59
    Signature Algorithm: sha256
    Public Key Algorithm: RSA
    Key Size: 2048
    Exponent: 65537 (0x10001)
    DNS Subject Alternative Names: [u’forums.comodo.com’, u’www.forums.comodo.com’]

Trust
    Hostname Validation: OK - Certificate matches forums.comodo.com
    Android CA Store (8.1.0_r9): FAILED - Certificate is NOT Trusted: unable to get local issuer certificate
    iOS CA Store (11): FAILED - Certificate is NOT Trusted: unable to get local issuer certificate
    Java CA Store (jre-10.0.1): FAILED - Certificate is NOT Trusted: unable to get local issuer certificate
    macOS CA Store (High Sierra): FAILED - Certificate is NOT Trusted: unable to get local issuer certificate
    Mozilla CA Store (2018-04-12): FAILED - Certificate is NOT Trusted: unable to get local issuer certificate
    Windows CA Store (2018-04-26): FAILED - Certificate is NOT Trusted: unable to get local issuer certificate
    Symantec 2018 Deprecation: OK - Not a Symantec-issued certificate
    Received Chain: forums.comodo.com → AddTrust External CA Root → USERTrust RSA Certification Authority → Sectigo RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
    Verified Chain: ERROR - Could not build verified chain (certificate untrusted?)
    Received Chain Contains Anchor: ERROR - Could not build verified chain (certificate untrusted?)
    Received Chain Order: OK - Order is valid
    Verified Chain contains SHA1: ERROR - Could not build verified chain (certificate untrusted?)

Thank you for this prompt information.

Also seeing this with Firefox, thought it was part of their cert signing problem that broke all addons. It’s a sad day when you have to fall back to Edge to reach the comodo forums. :-[

Certificate Authority changed

Dear Support,

Since several days I can not open the forum, receiving the following message:

[i]Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to forums.comodo.com because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

forums.comodo.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it.

If you are on a corporate network or using anti-virus software, you can reach out to the support teams for assistance. You can also notify the website’s administrator about the problem.[/i]

Running the latest FF v.66.0.5 (64-bit), latest Win 10 1803 (64-bit), CIS v11.0.0.6802.

This report have been written in Comodo Dragon v.73.0.3683.75 (64-bit) - no problems to read the forum here!

Thank you in advance.

Firefox did not update the certification authority. Before it was comodo ca, and now it’s sectigo.

Sorry my english

Comodo CA was renamed to Sectigo.