forum optics, identifing solutions or solved issues

I think it would be great if we could get people to update their threads as I have tried here [url]https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,598.msg3599.html#msg3599[/url].

This way, a person crawling the threads can see the issue, and the fact that it was solved without having to read the whole post.

Now I am not trying to say that the responsibility should become that of a moderator, but if we can convince people to flag their issues as resolved, that might make finding solutions easier for newcomers as well as make the forum look like a place of answers as much as (if not more than) issues.

Ok, will start doing that in my posts!

I’ve done this with some of my posts, but I’ll check again to make sure I’ve done them all with what the final solution was.

Mike

even if it is just the thread title/subject that is updated… that would be awesome!

:wink:

Excellent suggestion!

how about changing the subject line and putting (RESOLVED) at the end of the subject line to all issues resolved.

Also, pls help identify “how to” questions that has been addressed so that we can put it in the FAQ.

Thanks
Melih

Yeah I like that idea, I don’t have too many so it should be easy…

(S)

I hate that idea - for the same reason you like it! LOL :wink:

Ewen, you’re too modest… and funny :smiley:

LOL Ewen, I could see your replies getting shorter and the legibility decreasing as each was posted.

yep :wink:

lol

As soon as I ever see a resolved issue from my replies, not only will I post resolved, I will throw a friggin party, it’ll look like this…

I RESOLVED AN ISSUE!!!

:slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D >:( :frowning: :o 8) ??? ::slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :‘( (B) (J) (L) (M) (R) (S)
:slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D >:( :frowning: :o 8) ??? ::slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :’( (B) (J) (L) (M) (R) (S)

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!

WA HOOOOO!!!

LOL ;D

Exactly how much time did you put in on this??? Too good!! :smiley: :smiley:

I guess it’s one way to show your issue(s) was solved. :smiley:

Mike

lol yes I would say it is.

To all the fellow moderators watching this thread… I’m thinking of starting to edit the titles of posts to include the [Resolved] suffix if I feel that the user’s question has been adressed in the thread… especially if the user is saying obvious things like “thank you, it worked”.

Great idea Dan. Maybe you could send a list of topics/products to each of the moderators and, if they’re willing, they could do them. This might save a bit of duplicated effort.

Send me a list and I’ll get started tonight.

Cheers,
EWen :slight_smile:

I’ve sent a PM to all Moderators. Let’s get quorum on how to proceed.

I will be sure to start marking them :slight_smile: