For Browser Program Not In List Of Browser App Not Rtd If Dld Loc Chgd [M1281]

1. The full product and its version:
COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 BETA
2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
IN real system ,windows7 x64
3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
Default configuration
4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
Clean install
5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
No
6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1: Install a browser which is not listed in the list of “Web Browsers”. The one I tested is the Yandex Browser.
2: Then change the download location of the download to the desktop.
3: Note that any unknown application, which would otherwise be restricted when run, will be run as unrestricted. Before changing the download location from the default these apps would have been run restricted.
4: Note that if the download location for browsers which are in the list of Web browsers is changed, the downloaded application will still be correctly run restricted.
7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
If the download location for browsers not listed in the list of Web Browsers is changed to the desktop any applications downloaded through that browser will be run unrestricted.

8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
Regardless of where the application is downloaded to, or which application it is downloaded with, unknown applications should be run restricted after downloading.

9. Any other information:
None

Is this not the same issue as has already been reported here? It seems like the same bug to me, although perhaps I am misunderstanding.

Thanks.

Yes, it is, but first issue for programs management download, either this issue, it is to browsers

Thank you. I now understand, and will forward this as a bug.

I made some changes to the first post. Does everything look correct?
Also, do you mean that if the download link is kept at default even files downloaded through a browser not in the list of Web Browsers will correctly be run restricted?

Thanks.

Everything look correct, thanks to modify the topic :-TU

If the application is running unknown not by the browser from not the list of Web browsers are restricted on one condition, which is that the default mode for download location is a a group Shared Spaces
Restrict the application is unknown, because of the rules Sandbox

http://im74.gulfup.com/a0OTRF.png

I’m sorry, but I don’t quite understand your explanation. By default are all applications downloaded through a browser not in the list run unrestricted, regardless of the download path?

For example Yandex browser: is a browser built on Google Chrome, The download location in the default is “download folder” .
Applications will be restricted by the rules of Sandbox

But if it changed the download location will not be restricted applications is not known, because of that there is no any rule applicable to such a case.
If I’m you change the download location for any browser exists in the list of Web browsers, will be restricted applications is unknown by rule Sandbox this:

http://im59.gulfup.com/l3YlGh.png

not by rule sandbox this :

Thank you. I think I now understand. I made some changes to the first post and the title. Does everything look correct?

Everything look correct, thanks to modify the topic :-TU

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

The issue has been resolved :-TU

I’m very happy to hear that. I have closed this in the tracker and will move this post to Resolved. If this re-appears in a future build please let me know by responding to this topic.

Thank you.

I need to know something. When you tested this did you use the default configuration or proactive? It seems possible that this is fixed for proactive, but not for default. Thus, it’s important to test this. Please let me know what you find.

Thank you.

Yes, I tested it on the default mode

Thank you for checking that. :-TU