Folder with strange name in drive

Main drive is C. I have partitioned the harddisk & the another drive is E. I use E drive for my personal stuffs.

Can windows by any chance can save anything in E drive.

Coz I have a folder in E drive with weird name. I can open few files but cant open few files in the folder. It says you dont have permission. You need to go to security tab. I cannot make out anything about the folder by looking at the files.

The folder name is - d29dbe2b688702ca587e72 & has a lock sign on the folder. size 23.8mb.

Any info or help?

Thanxx
Naren

It has one msi installer named - NDP40-KB2572078. Type of file - Windows installer patch (.msp). size 22.1mb

win 7 64 bits

Yes, Windows installations/updates do exactly that, weird numbered folder & largest free space drive is their thing. :slight_smile:

But C drive i.e main drive has more than 125 GB space free. Can I copy it from E to C?

Thanxx
Naren

Well OK, not always largest free… sometimes least used or even empty. You can do what you want with it now, Windows is done with it. If you re-ran whatever it was that created it, another would just be created. It was only used for unpacking & executing some installation/update stuff.

So that means I can delete it too, right?

I guess .Net Framework Update created this.

Thanxx
Naren