Flash Player playback issues caused by Comodo Firewall

When i have Comodo Firewall installed, Flash involuntary acts like the following on playback:

• Green screen and audio distortion. Timer is still running, but no video and audio.
  • Distorted screen (pixel blocks) and screen freeze. Timer is still running, but no video and audio.
  • Freeze on playback or it just stops immediately and then skips to the end of the video.

This happens after i press play, or after a few minutes, or when i skip through the video, or… Totally involuntary.

I do not use Defence+ or Sandbox, just the personal firewall (http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/ ) Safe or Custom mode.
Proper exceptions are added to have plugin container and flash be able to connect to the internet or to do anything it wants to do.
Every flash video i try to play and every browser i tried (Firefox, Pale Moon, IE, Chrome) is affected.

After many days of testing i finally found out Comodo is the problem.
Turning off Comodo firewall or even exiting the program does not solve the problem. Only uninstalling the complete Comodo Firewall programme will have Flash video functioning again.

Tried almost every Flash version from 10.2 to 11.5 beta. 10.2 and 10.3.183.25 are less affected. Playback only freezes now and then. But 11.x and the Latest 11.4 are a big drama. Just play a video or skip through a video and it will crash sooner or later (playing hd videos most of the time).

I suspect there are some more programs affected by Comodo. Such as DVD Rebuilder and DVB viewer.
DVDRB did not even run until i completely uninstalled Comodo. The author of DVDRB reported me he had at least five other simular cases from his users in which Comodo personal firewall turned out to be the problem. DVB Viewer: This is a HDTV viewer. I have some plugins connecting over the network to retrieve video.audio. Video and audio sometimes distort. I suspect Comodo is the problem as well, but have no proof yet.

Latest Comodo Firewall from website.
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Firefox 15.0.1
Pale Moon browser 15.1.1
Internet Explorer 9
Chrome 19.x
Administrator
Nod32 virus scanner installed (not their other software)

I actually reinstalled my complete OS already because i thought something broke… driver or whatever based.

Anyone from Comodo going to respond on this? Hello?

Thanks very much for your issue report. We have moved it to the non-format bugs board for the moment, because too much of the information we normally need to replicate a problem and fix it is missing, or it is not in the format we request.

We realize some people may not have the time to do bug report in standard format, and therefore offer the option of a non-format report instead. But the problem is much more likely to be fixed promptly if you edit your first post to create an issue report which meets all criteria in the Checklist and Format. (You can copy and paste the format from this topic). The general reasons why are summarized in that post, the reasons we ask for specific pieces of information are given in this detailed post.

You can get your report moved to the format verified issues board simply by ensuring that it is correctly formatted and all criteria are met, and PM’ing a mod who is active on the bug board.

delete this please!
sorry!

Hy there, if your pc freeze on flash play do this.

First fix would be to go on:

• chrome://plugins/ (For Google Chrome)
  • dragon://plugins/ (For Comodo Dragon)

hit details, and under flash plugins, if you have 3 ‘subplugins’, you’ll need to disable this:

• Pepperflashplayer.dll [PPAPI]
  • Gcswf32.dll [NPAPI]

and keep enabled the macromed flash enabled - npswf32…dll [NPAPI]

if you have 2 subplugins just disable the first or the second … your choice.

If you have installed Internet download manager this could be another problem and you just have to deal with it, or you cant disable the support for the specific browser and enabled beak later,

I’ve happened something like that with the green screen in comodo icedragon, but only once, I’ve clean the cache of the browser and then restart, but in the end I’ve download it and viewed (I think), but i never have had any problems from then.

So this is how much i can help you, good luck!