firewall update blocks windows 7 task manager

Dear Community,

I’m using the Comodo free firewall since many years with fully satisfaction.
But since the version 8.2.xxxx I have a very strange issue. (I’ve tried all 3 versions 8.2.0.4508 / 8.2.0.4591 and the latest one 8.2.0.4674)

The problem is:
after updating the 8.1.0.4426 version with any other 8.2, it is not possible to run basic windows tools (task manager :o, calculator, sticky notes, etc).
These are sending the message „xxxx has stopped functioning”, this happens already before reboot…
Some programs can be started like word/skype etc.
After reboot nothing changes.

The only solution is to remove the 8.2.xxxx version – fortunately this windows feature is not blocked :)– reinstall the 8.1.0.4426 and disable the comodo program updates.
Removing the old version, cleaning the registry and fresh install of 8.2.xxxx is also not working.

The next try was:
I reinstalled Windows 7 from the factory image.
Installing comodo FW 8.2.0.4674 promptly after win7, so without any windows update, without internet connection, without avast antivirus
the same issue is present on a fresh untouched windows.

The affected system is:
Lenovo Ideapad Y570, i7 2630QM, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GT555M, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Avast antivirus.

It looks like this craziness is only on this laptop. Within the family 2 Acers / 1 Toshiba and 1 Lenovo Ideapad Y560 (all w7 hp 64bit) are happily running the latest version.

Do you have some idea or solution how can I resolve this nerving issue/problem?

Thank you in advance.
peppe

Do the D+ logs bring us any insight?

What should/could I search/see within the log file?
I saved after the update - before restart and after restart log file also.

I was having the same problem with my lenovo y570 there is so many conflicts between drivers and comodo that i have to unistall I update to windows 10 and the problem is worst.

:cry:

Apologies for the late reply. I want to see what the D+ logs tell when you’re starting up applications.

Usually OEM computers come with a pre-installed security program. Please remove it completely. Uninstall it and reboot then run a removal tool for the program. A list of such tools can be found here: ESET Knowledgebase .