Firewall popup DMREnigine.exe

this firewall is so great it notices everything. but what is DRMEnigine.exe? is it something i should worry about? comodo sends up a notice a lot about that application.

and the other thing too is applications try to ‘connect’ i guess that’s when i’m online. i have 8 inbound connections, why so many and what are they doing?

Do you have powerDVD installed or any other products from Cyberlink?

and the other thing too is applications try to 'connect' i guess that's when i'm online. i have 8 inbound connections, why so many and what are they doing?

To make an assessment of the situation, you will have to provide a little more information, such as a screen shot of the connections.

is there way i can check for those applications?

here are some screenshots:
this one i took first, soon after launching windows …

… this one i took a few moments later after i closed the browser …

… a while later, im looking at the summary tab and it says 0 inbound connections and 50 outbound, with the browser open. idling.

Are you using an Acer laptop?

Product: CyberLink DMREngine
Company: CyberLink
Description: DMREngine
Version: 1.1.0.3904 *1
MD5: 847EC556E9C9C5DB157823401883B880 *1
Size: 169352 *1
Directory: %PROGRAMFILES%[b]Acer[/b]\clear.fi\MVP\Kernel\DMR\DMREngine.exe
Operating System: Windows 7
Src: What is dmrengine.exe ? | System Explorer

By the way, the name of the application is DMREngine.exe not DRMEngine.exe. I’ll adapt the topic title accordingly.

[quote author=sirMAXX link=topic=74265.msg530070#msg530070 date=1310409909]
is there way i can check for those applications?

On XP, Control Panel, select Add and remove Software on Windows 7, Control Panel, Programs and Features.

yeah its an acer aspire 5253

i looked and i didnt see an application of that name.

You can see where DMRengine is stalled. When you see it in Active Connections, click right on it and choose Show Full Path. Then look it up in Explorer in what folder it is in. It could be in a folder of Power DVD?

hmm, well im not exactly sure what i do to trigger it cause its not in connections right now, but in events i found:

It is part of a Cyberlink program, probably Power DVD, as it came installed with your Acer laptop.

I would not worry too much about it. Simply block it if you don’t like program to call home.

i like it didnt come with a lot of bloat ware and i tired to get rid of as much as i could. want to try to run a clean system and have just essentials running in the background.
when it says an app is connecting. it means it trying to connect to the internet right?

Indeed.

If you like to get rid of preinstalled stuff when using an OEM computer you can try PC Decrapifier.

ok, i’ll check it out. decrapifyer lol, i like that. oh yeah, i forgot this one company i think it was uniblue, oneof the apps they had was something to keep all your drivers up to date. would that be something you would recommend?

the only thing decrapifier spotted was startCCC