Firewall only installation - installs but freezes Vista computer.

Around a week ago, Comodo started notifying it was having problems. Diagnostics would fix the problems, but then they would show up again. I decided to download the newest version - and completely forgot to check what number of version I had and export my settings.

I have been running that version for over a year; it was probably at least 2 or 3 versions ago.

I downloaded the Vista version. I run a Vista Windows Home Premium on an Acer Aspire. I just want the firewall. I have Trend Micro for an antivirus, and Webroot’s SpySweeper.

No problems on the download. Install seems to work well, until after the reboot - everything freezes. I have to pull the power cord to turn the computer off and reboot - except this last time, where I managed to click on the icon for connecting to the internet (I’m on dialup), only to get a “no connections found” message. Obviously I fixed that by uninstalling.

I have unistalled, downloaded, and reinstalled the program several times. I know I saw somewhere on the site where I could download older versions, but can’t find it now.

Any suggestions? I am running on Windows firewall right now, but I’d much rather have Comodo up and working correctly.

Thanks
Theresa

Welcome to the Forum, tramseyer

CIS has two version releases, x32 (XP and Vista) and x64 (XP and Vista).
What is your OS, are you running any other security software, what flavour file did you download?

Hi John.

I downloaded the Vista x32 file, CIS_Setup_3.8.6595__Vista_x32.exe I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, with Service Pack 1, on an Acer Aspire M5100. 32 bit operating system with 2 GB Memory and an AMD Athalon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 440+ 2.30 GHz.

My other security software is Trend Micro version 17.1.1250. It’s a full version; I make sure to keep it updated. I also run Webroot’s SpySweeper, 6.1.0.110, which for some reason this morning is showing nonactivated . Don’t have time to fix it right now.

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

Theresa

The 3.8 branch has compatibility issues with Spy Sweeper. That may be interfering with your set up. It has been fixed in the 3.9 branch which is currently being tested. The 3.9 version will be released May 12th.

When you are adventurous you could try the 3.9 RC2: https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_3975615498_rc2_released-t38600.0.html .

Otherwise uninstall Spy Sweeper or wait for 3.9 to get released.

Thanks Eric. :slight_smile:

I am awaiting May 12th and the new version. I am not very adventurous when it comes to Vista. With XP, etc. I usually had an idea on how to fix whatever I goofed up, with Vista I don’t :slight_smile:

Theresa