Firewall not logging

Hello. I have recently started using the comodo firewall/antivirus and I really like the program, but there seems to be something wrong with the logging. The problem is that I can’t get any info on intrusion attempts. When I check the summary and there’s been an intrusion attempt, I can click the number but the log I get is empty. I have looked at the rule sets and most of them say block and log all unmatching requests so I should be getting entries in the log right?

Kindly, Marcus.

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Have you looked in Firewall > View Firewall Events > More > Under Firewall section, “All the times”.

Yes I just looked. All the logs are empty.

Go to Miscellaneous > Settings > Logging and make sure nothing is disabled and maybe increase the logging size.

Ok I checked the settings for logging and the logging is enabled and set to delete and create a new file if it exceeds 2 megabyte. I set that to 50 megabytes which should be more than enough. Where is the log file supposed to be located?

You can specify the location.

I have only found the option for setting a location for saving new logs when the log exceeds the user set size. Is there a default location for where the log is stored?
I checked my registry and found that NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation was set to true which means that NTFS does not create short file names. Do you know if Comodo depends on this being set to false in order to function properly. Another program that I installed complained so I have now set this to false.

The only option to save logs when the log exceeds the user size.
AFAIK, it doesn’t depend on anything.

Strange. When I set the registry value I mentioned to it’s default value (0) I started to recieve events in the logs.

I just wanted to report that I had to reinstall Comodo and I am having the same issue again with nothing in the logs. Just today a virus alert popped up that I missed but when I looked in the logs there was nothing there. It’s the same if the number in the summary for threats detected so far.

Is there an easy way to check if the program logs the way it should?

Maybe it’s another issue with your registry. When I checked “NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation” in my registry, they were all default “0” values. Why would yours be set to “1” in the first place?

I have inherited this installation from another person so some registry values are not at their default settings. Most of the things that have been changed to give a (small) performance boost in some situations and that’s why they were changed.

However none of my other programs have had any difficulties creating files (if that is the issue) and Comodo isn’t actually saying that something is wrong. There just aren’t any logs despite the logging being turned on.