User interface of Personal Firewall Pro version 188.8.131.528 32bit locks up if you try to add files by browsing the disk in any “My *** files” section of Defense plus. (EG using add/browse files in “My safe files”. You can add files by selecting processes with no problem.
The corresponding function on the firewall side, as opposed to the Defense plus side works fine. I have tried:
- reinstalling several times
- checking Faq and forum
- disbling anativirus and anti-spyware real time protection (AntiVir, Adaware basic and Spybot)
I have found that if, in Defence +, the Commodo program group itself is allowed to run any executable, this problem disappears.
It would be better just to allow it to run a specific executable. I think this may mean that the default firewall settings for Commodo itself are wrong? Maybe it relates to windows explorer plug-ins (I use two applications that plug in to explorer - Idrive, a backup program, and Sony Ericsson phone/computer integration software).
I understand that 2 others have reported this problem and solved it by a clean windows install (thereby removing explorer plug-ins?) but I guess it may need a less troublesome solution!
This is a great free firewall.
Mike (convert from ZA Pro)
- Your Internet connection type: ADSL max via router
- Operating system and Service Pack Level: XP Pro SP2
- How you are logging in to the OS: Admin
- Other real-time security applications installed: Avira, Spybot
- Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: Zonealarm, uninstalled
- Security related applications which have been removed/disabled before installing CFP: None permanently, Aviria, Spybot disbled to try to resolve problem
- Please inform us if you have created any custom rules: Yes, but problem occurs before custom rules created.