Help! Had this for several versions of CIS - is it a bug, misunderstanding or design feature! Not understanding it is driving me potty!
Problem description: Firewall raises alerts for syslog communications from gateway router (192.168.1.1) to Wallwatcher on my PC (192.168.1.10) on port 512, and also for network comms from my wife’s machine (192.168.1.12) to mine (target = ‘system’ on ports 137 and 139). This happens even though my home network zone is defined as 192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0, and there is a global rule to allow all IP in/out from all addresses in the zone.
- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 Bit (Pentium 4 CPU 3Ghz, 4Gb RAM)
- Other Security and Utility Software Installed: See appended config report for details. Usually: Comodo - CIS, CVE, CIV, CLP, CSE, CAS, IVault; Other- Filezilla, Wallwatcher, Sony Ericsson PC software, Actual Window Manager, Routerstats, Revo, Process Explorer, Google Desktop, Process Tamer, Process Explorer, Kiwi Syslog, Idrive, Clipmate, Hotspotshield, Stuffit
- Step by step description to reproduce the issue: N/A
- How you tried to resolve the problem: Creating application rules for wallwatcher and ‘system’ as in appended app rules screenshot resolves the problem, but should not be necessary if the firewall was functioning correctly?
- Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A
- Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: N/A
- Virus database version: N/A
- Any other information you think that might be useful. CIS settings: See appended config report for details.
[attachment deleted by admin]