Firewall ADD function doesn't capture DOTs of IP Address when pasting IP [M799]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Can be reproduced 100%.
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:

1. Copy an IP Address in Windows clipboard. For e. g. 8.8.8.8.
  2. Open Firewall Application Rules from settings, or any other area of CIS, to use the function “Add”
  3. Use any Tab: “Source or Destination Address”.
  4. Choose any single or range IPv4.
  5. Click on the first number of the IP Address for activation of mouse.
  6. Paste the copied IP Address (which is 8.8.8.8).
  7. The address pasted is 888.800.000.000!

One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
An IP address copied from windows operating system to CIS looses DOTs in that IP Address.

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
The IP Address must remain IP Address. Pasting into that area should automatically correlate the periods with the different sections of the IP address box.

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the conflict FAQ?:
Not applicable.

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
Not applicable.

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
This could be solved by inserting DOTs detection in the function.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Not applicable.

Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
Not applicable.

Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
Not applicable.

OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Tested with Win 7 Ultimate 32bits. All systems are affected.

Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
Not applicable.

Good catch. I have made some small edits to your first post (noting that the original is temporarily quoted and will be deleted if you are happy with changes). Please let me know if everything looks correct.

Also, as I have been able to replicate this I will not require the diagnostics report. It does not seem to be specific to your system, but likely affects CIS on all computers.

Thanks.

Hi Chrion,

Very nice addition. Thanks. Please go ahead and makes changes to my proposal with your suggestions.

BTW, I have seen many bugs, beleive me and could sit down to make a very long list of wishes.

But this one, the nastiest BUG, makes me loose my temper and each time, I yell. Such a coding of DOTs belongs to the first class in computer studies. But my time is restricted and I do feel painful to go through this.

Currently, I am looking at alternatives to CIS, unfortunately. CIS is one of the best, but the worst to manage. I fail to wonder why do the chiefs do not realize this.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks.

I had purchased CIS version 7 as mentioned in the above report with a three years update.

After identifying many flaws in the design logic and bugs, I gave up and un-installed it.

Since then, I use Net-Peeker (www.Net-Peeker.com) as firewall, which is an extremely advanced software to block connections as compared to any other existing firewall software of this kind. It does all the work with functions meticously, which I wanted to see in CIS. In this regards, we did have exchanges in the other thread.

I have no problem to use CIS v8 if certain design areas are not troublesome, as they are in CIS v7. I thankyou for your suggestion to use v8 and see if this bug is ironed.

Installing such a complex program involves a tight integration into th operating system. CIS is famous for not cleaning the registry after uninstalling it.

May I ask you, if you know, if the three year update includes the version upgrade too? If yes, I can test it, or see if I can use it. If not, I can save my time.

I decided to try this myself so you don’t have to waste your time doing it, this issue has not been fixed in CIS 8.0.4337

Sanya, thank you for checking this. I’ve updated the tracker.

MrWonder, as for your question about whether the license will work for V8, I can answer that. It should work for any version of CIS which is released. If you run into any problems getting it to work with V8, or any future release, please let me know and I will contact Melih on your behalf and make sure everything is fixed.

Thanks.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

This is not fixed for version 8.4

Thank you. I’ve updated tracker data.