Firewall Add Application Rule - Add Folder option to Browse Pulldown Menu

1. What actually happened or you saw:

V12.2.2.8012

When adding a firewall rule in the Firewall Application Rules window there is no “Folder” option in the “Browse Pulldown Menu”.
Currently one has to select the “Files” option from the “Browse Pulldown Menu” and select a file inside the desired folder like “C:\MyApp\MyApp.exe”. After that one has to manually edit the “Name:” field to change the rule for file “C:\MyApp\MyApp.exe” into a rule for folder “C:\MyApp*” to create the (same) firewall rule for all files inside that folder and in its sub folders.

To be clear, this is not about implementing a new feature as adding firewall rules for folders like C:\MyApp* already works out of the box. It just that one has to create a firewall rule for a “File” first and then manually have to edit/change the “Name” into a “Folder” to create the folder firewall rule.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:

When adding a firewall rule in the Firewall Application Rules window a Folder option in the “Browse Pulldown Menu” should be made available to create a Folder firewall rule directly (as explained above).

3. Why you think it is desirable:

To quickly add a (same) firewall rule for a selected folder applying to all files in that folder and in its sub folders.

4. Any other information:

Please see attached image.

Agreed.
Though I believe you need an asterisk.

Thanks for you vote. :slight_smile:

I think the symbol * in C:\MyApp* is an asterisk.
Or do you mean something else?

You’re welcome.
Oh my mistake, I meant “you don’t need an asterisk.” In other words, I think C:\MyApp\ is enough.

Hi CISfan,

Kindly follow this format and add poll for the wish, so that we can able to calculate the user value on our priority list of wishes with the help of poll results.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Done.

Hi CISfan,

Thank you .

I know this topic is old, but I wanted to throw my thoughts in too, since I voted in the attached poll. I feel this is a MUCH needed feature. I have a number of desktop apps that get updated very often, so they give a firewall prompt on nearly every launch.

Adding rules for entire folders (folders you trust!) pretty much eliminates that kind of annoyance.

Hi jasoncollege24,

Thank you for reporting.
The team is aware of this feature and they are working on it,
We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT