firefox.exe is using c:\windows\explorer.exe as parent path [RESOLVED-NO ISSUE]

In the Application Control Rule settings for firefox, C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe is using c:\windows\explorer.exe as the Parent Path.

Every time I change the Parent Path to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe, it changes the Parent Path back to c:\windows\explorer.exe

Is this normal behaviour?

Version 2.1.1.1

Yes. Do not worry about it. It happens because you start firefox from the windows enviroment.

You know that, and I know that, but millions of people don’t.

These kind of messages need to be explained to people in a non-technical way, or even suppressed in “normal” cases like that, otherwise users will either be baffled by them, or get used to clicking “OK” and ignoring them, which makes them useless in any case.

Very, VERY valid point. Comodo really need a series of base level guides (rather than full blown manuals) on topics like “What do these pop-ups mean?”, “What’s a firewall do, and why do I need one?”, IP for Dummies - that kind of thing. They wouldn’t have to go to the nth degree about a topic, more an everymans overview.

What do you think?
Ewen :slight_smile:
(WCF3)

Of course along with the small guides the information could be listed in a manual as well, that way for people who already have a manual they don’t need to go looking for it.

Guys in the help of CPF is writen clearly what “parent application” is, at least on 7 pages. :wink:
Here is what is writen on 4 of them:
“You are given the option to specify an application’s parent as well. Check the box and browse to locate the Parent Application. The Firewall will automatically learn it even if it is not specified.”

But I agree a glossary or something like that is necessary

Thanks everyone! Question answered.