Filesystem Filter Driver Not Loaded!

I’m having problems with Comodo Antivirus for Linux, running on Fedora 19.

I’ve just installed Comodo for Linux, and when I open up the Comodo AV window I see a big red shield with a cross in it, and it says ‘Filesystem filter driver is not loaded’ and there is a run diagnostics button below.
The diagnostic runs and tells me to run various scripts (/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh and then /etc/init.d/cmdavd restart), which I do. I still get the error though!

Here is the output from the Terminal:

[Richard@localhost ~]$ su -
Password:
[root@localhost ~]# /opt/COMODO/cavdiagnostic
^C
[root@localhost ~]# /opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh

COMODO Antivirus for Linux 1.1

End User License Agreement

Please review the end user license agreement.

Press Enter to display it.

END USER LICENSE AND SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT
COMODO SECURITY SOFTWARE AND REMOTE PERSONAL COMPUTER SERVICE
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR
USING COMODO’S ANTIVIRUS, FIREWALL OR INTERNET SECURITY SOFTWARE AND REMOTE PER
SONAL COMPUTER SUPPORT SERVICES (THE “PRODUCTS”) The PRODUCTSMEANS ALL OF THE EL
ECTRONIC FILES PROVIDED EITHER BY DOWNLOAD OR ON PHYSICAL MEDIA (CD-ROM, DVD OR
OTHER MEDIA THAT IS PROVIDED WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. BY DOWNLOADING, INSTAL
LING, OR USING THE PRODUCTS, OR BY CLICKING ON “I ACCEPT” BELOW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE
THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, THAT YOU UNDERSTAND IT, AND THAT YOU AGREE T
O BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS HEREIN, DO NOT DOWNLOA
D OR USE THE SOFTWARE, SUBSCRIBE TO OR USE THE SERVICES, OR CLICK ON “I ACCEPT”.

This end user license and subscriber agreement is between you (“you” or “Subscri
ber”), as either an individual or as a business entity, and either:

a. if you are not located in China, Comodo Security Solutions, Inc., which has i
ts principal place of business at 525 Washington Blvd., Suite 1400, Jersey City,
New Jersey 07310, or

b. if you are located in China, Beijing Comodo Software Development Co. Ltd., wh
ich has its principal place of business at 401 Tower B., Fenglan International P
laza, 32 Beidajie Xizhimen, Haidian District, Beijing, China.

In exchange for your use of the Products, you agree as follows:

1. License

1.1. Grant of License. Comodo grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transfera
ble, and revocable license to download, install, back-up, and use the Software a
nd Services (collectively, the “Products”) on (1) one personal computer unless o
therwise indicated under a valid license granted by Comodo for the term that you
have paid for, including any documentation and files accompanying the Products.
You shall not resell, lease, sell, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or crea
te derivative works of the Software. All rights not expressly granted herein are
reserved to Comodo. This License grant shall expire at the end of the paid subs
cription period or at the end of the trial period.

1.2. Restrictions. The licenses granted herein are only valid if:

(i) the Products are NOT modified in any manner;

(ii) the Products are only installed and used in accordance with your network se
curity policies,
Do you agree with this license?[Y/n]: y

/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh: line 50: /sbin/hdparm: No such file or directory

Free Registration

Receive the latest COMODO products news, updates and offers
COMODO will NOT share your information with any third parties.
Please input your email address(optional):

1. Arabic, Saudi Arabia
  2. Bulgarian, Bulgaria
  3. Chinese, People’s Republic of China
  4. Chinese, Taiwan
  5. Croatian, Croatia
  6. Czech, Czech Republic
  7. Dutch, Netherlands
  8. English, United States
  9. Estonian, Estonia
  10. French, France
  11. German, Germany
  12. Greek, Greece
  13. Hungarian, Hungary
  14. Italian, Italy
  15. Polish, Poland
  16. Portuguese, Brazil
  17. Russian, Russia
  18. Serbian, Serbia and Montenegro
  19. Slovak, Slovakia
  20. Spanish, Spain
  21. Swedish, Sweden
  22. Turkish, Turkey
  23. Ukrainian, Ukraine
    Please select the language[number,default:8]:

Build the RedirFS kernel modules for real-time protection…

Then linux kernel source or linux kernel headers for your current kernel version 3.9.5-301.fc19.i686 can not be found.
Please install the kernel source or kernel headers for 3.9.5-301.fc19.i686, then run this script again.
make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/redirfs modules
make: *** /lib/modules/3.9.5-301.fc19.i686/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [all] Error 2
make -C /lib/modules/uname -r/build M=/tmp/driver/redirfs modules_install
make: *** /lib/modules/3.9.5-301.fc19.i686/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [install] Error 2
modprobe: FATAL: Module redirfs not found.

RedirFS kernel modules installation failed.

The cmdagent stopped successfully! [ OK ]
The cmdagent started successfully! [ OK ]
The cmgdaemon stopped successfully! [ OK ]
The cmgdaemon started successfully! [ OK ]

COMODO Antivirus is successfully configured, you can start it from Menu or Desktop.

[root@localhost ~]# /etc/init.d/cmdavd restart
Restarting cmdavd (via systemctl): [ OK ]
[root@localhost ~]#

Is Comodo AV for linux not supported on Fedora 19? If it is is there any way I can get the on-access scanner to function?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Richard

I’m pleased to say I’ve finally managed to resolve this issue and get on-access scanning enabled on my Fedora 19 linux machine!

I tried everything I could to get this to work - I guess persistence pays!

For anyone else with the same problem, I suggest you install ‘gcc’. This is a compiler so when you run ‘/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh’ the Redirfs installs correctly, which is the driver which Comodo AV uses for on-access scanning.

Here are some of the things I tried:

1. Uninstall Comodo AV with command ‘rpm -ev CAV_LINUX’

2. Install ‘gcc’ via Software Management tool / Apper.
    I didn’t know which ‘gcc’ to install so I installed three – ‘gcc – various compilers (C, C++, Objective C, Java)’, ‘gcc-c++’ and ‘libgcc’.

3. Install Comodo Antivirus

4. Downloaded the driver. :-TUtar file from http://www.bondoffamily-net.com/~kinta-chan/techknow/Linux/RedirFS/src/driver.tar and copied this file to /opt/COMODO/driver.tar overwriting the original.

5. Run ‘/opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh’
    As this process runs, I noticed it doing much more and taking much longer than before as the required Redirfs modules were being installed.

After this process, I opened Comodo AV, which just said it needed updating, then needed a full system scan. After that the shield was green. I proceeded to download the EICAR test file to see if the on-access scanning was actually functioning, and it detected it right away! :-TU

@ Richard1985

Thanks for posting the solution! In my case and in the case of updating to a new kernel, here is what I do and it works like a charm every time I do it. Your “4) Downloaded the driver. :-TUtar file from http://www.bondoffamily-net.com/~kinta-chan/techknow/Linux/RedirFS/src/driver.tar and copied this file to /opt/COMODO/driver.tar overwriting the original.” is the key to the problem. That’s all I do, replace the original “driver.tar” file with the one from the site and run ‘sudo /opt/COMODO/post_setup.sh’, which installs properly then.

Andre

Though I agree that it is frustrating that the redirfs kernel driver on which CAV depends on doesn’t work with the latest kernels (and likely officially never will, as development has ceased) I think that recommending people substitute that with code from a completely unknown, unverified, untrusted site on the internet is a terrible, terrible idea.

You’d have to be mad.

Agreed (with all respect to bondoffamily) - but where did you learn that CAVL development has officially ceased? It seems evident from the lack of developer involvement here that it has, but I’ve seen no official word anywhere.

Ah, no you missunderstand. Not that CAVL dev has ceased, but rather the kernel driver that they use.

RedirFS is no longer developed nor maintained. If you are looking for similar functionality you can try to check out the PluginFS project.

Thanks for the clarification.