File Transfer

Is there a way to transfer files between the host and remote?.. (without a person at each end)… i.e. being able to copy from one desktop to the other…

No, you need to establish a connection first. Currently, this requires someone on each end (one to send the request, the other to permit/authorize it).
This is a security issue, and is being looked into.

The request was for “Connection to unattended computer”. May be this upcoming release brings this also…

I’m glad I was able to find this, after some careful searching (it’s hard to find things here, and that makes for even more messages to look through, in an exponential cycle!).

I think this gives me the answer I wanted, which was to find out if it’s possible to move/copy files from one computer to another, which is one of the main reasons I’m considering Unite.

It looks like the answer is yes, as long as there’s a person at both computers, and I’m the person at both computers, because I’m trying to transfer files from an old computer to a new one, but only gradually as I need them and not all at once. This way I can be much more tidy about it, putting things where I want them, instead of just looking through a glob of backup files!

Anybody think I’m mistaken? I sure hope not!

!ot! Interestingly, I haven’t found a single mention anywhere in the documentation/FAQ about both/all computers needing to be turned on and online while they’re communicating. I would think it would be necessary to mention that…

Thanks for all the cool tools, Comodo!