File System Filter 'CFRMD' Event

???

Tried to find some sort of help in the Comodo forums but no joy.

I have repeated and I mean every second a new warning in my system event viewer logs. I have CIS premium version 6.3.297838.2953 installed, with windows 7.

I have seen one other google search result with almost the same problem. That one related to the file CFRMD.sys. This has in the comodo forums CSU. This was posted by ‘Share666’ and his fix was thus:

I copied the file C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO System-Cleaner\drivers\objfre_win7_x86\CFRMD.sys to Windows\system32\drivers and the problem went away.

Now this relates to system cleaner which I am not sure is part if CIS Premium. It probably is but I haven’t come across it yet. I do not have a folder C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO System-Cleaner\drivers\objfre_win7_x86, however there is the file CFRMD.sys in my Windows\system 32\drivers folder dated 07/05/2013. I have renamed this to CFRMD.old to see if this stops the events but it still continues.

This is the full event log:-

File System Filter ‘CFRMD’ (Version 6.1, ‎2012‎-‎07‎-‎17T05:05:30.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume ‘\Device\Harddisk1\DR1’. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xc01c0016. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

And:-

[b][i]

• 4 0 3 0 0 0x8000000000000000 14020398 System Windows7
  • 0xc01c0016 6 1 5 CFRMD 2012-07-17T05:05:30.000000000Z 21 \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 [/i][/b]

I have the same error relation to my other hard drive installed into my self built machine the only difference being “\Device\Harddisk0\DR0

Any idea on whats going on here? I tried to reinstall but it went straight into a full install rather than a repair install, with it making no difference. Is there a diagnostic within CIS i could run?

The CFRMD driver is not related to CIS but to Comodo System Utilities.

It looks like the CFRMD driver from CSU is still around. To uninstall it start the command prompt and excecute the following the two commands:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

This will open Device Manager. Under View choose Show Hidden Devices. Then go to Non Plug and Play Drivers. Look up CFRMD driver, select it, right click and choose to uninstall. Reboot when requested. Before taking these action make a system restore point just in case.

Thanks for that Eric. Tried what you said even though I had already uninstalled Comodo CIS via Revo uninstaller pro.

I did find a remnant called “COMODOLivePCsupport Hardware Monitor Driver” I have uninstalled this and now have a clean system it would seem. All the Events have stopped now. Might try and do a full reinstall later.

Thanks for your input. I will lock this topic as I haven’t seen any option to close it.