File Sharing in iTunes

There was a dead topic that asked for help with this issue, but it has nothing, obviously.

Until this last week, where I reformatted my hard drive, I have had no issues with CPF and sharing files via iTunes. However, now, I can see the libraries being broadcasted in iTunes, but cannot actually connect to them. The problem is Comodo Personal Firewall, as turning it off fixes the issue. Both iTunes.exe and iTuneshelper.exe are allowed complete and utter access to the internet, but to no avail.

I use music streaming a lot, and as much as I love CPF, I may be unfortunately forced to temporarily use another free firewall until I can find a solution.

Hello,

You say complete and utter access to the internet, can you please tell me what rules you have set for these applications?

Settings for both are the same: Destination: [Any], Port: [Any], Protocol: TCP/UDP In/Out, and Permission: Allow.

I see, well lets try the following.

1. Open Comodo Firewall main GUI
  2. Go to Application Monitor
  3. Select the appropriate rules, right click, then click edit.
  4. Click Allow all activities for this application.
  5. Check both, allow invisible connection attempts and skip advanced security checks.

See if that works, please post your results.

Still does nothing; I get a firewall error in iTunes.

Hello,

Please clear your firewall log, attempt to do the streaming in iTunes, then when it fails export your log and post it here.

This way it won’t be cluttered and we will only have the information we need on diagnosing and fixing this issue.l

Wow, dang, I never thought of looking at something as simple as the logs…

Well, here is the pertinent section:
Date/Time :2007-04-01 20:34:52
Severity :Medium
Reporter :Network Monitor
Description: Inbound Policy Violation (Access Denied, IP = 192.168.1.120, Port = 3689)
Protocol: TCP Incoming
Source: 192.168.1.120:49280
Destination: 192.168.1.123:3689
TCP Flags: SYN
Reason: Network Control Rule ID = 5

Hi,

Ok great, now go to the network monitor and create a new rule. The protocol should be TCP/UPD incoming/outcoming set it for that specific port as it seems that iTunes is needing that port. Also if you want to make this rule even more secure you can set the ip 192.168.1.120 as the source IP.

When finished move the rule to the top (number 0) and try out iTunes.

Pleas post your results when finished.

Justin