File rating expiry

Is there any way to change the file rating expiry like in CCAV? I’m sick of seeing the same files pop up again and again.

Can you be more specific on the issue you’re having? What do you mean pop up? Are you getting HIPS and or firewall alerts for applications? You can also use the unblock applications task to create rules and change file rating for mentioned files it they are listed.

I mean that apps I’ve had on my computer for years and were scanned by Comodo years ago are still getting HIPS alerts/popups for being “unrecognized”. Even files that are surely popular like Nirsoft apps are classified as unrecognized. I see in the help page that I should be able to “add that new application to the safe list by choosing ‘Treat this application as a Trusted Application’ at the alert.” but I don’t see that in my alert popups. There should be a right click option to trust files or folders full of files, instead of having to do it in the file list.

The predefined rule set was renamed to Allowed Application from Trusted Application in the treat as section of the HIPS alert. Either choose allowed application or use the unblock application task. The help documentation carries over the text from previous versions but I will let them know of the mistake.

The predefined rule set was renamed to Allowed Application

That makes a HIPS rule, which I’m trying to avoid, not set the application to Trusted.

I don’t recall ever seeing ‘Treat this application as a Trusted Application’ in the alert box, and I’ve been using Comodo for ~10 years. Maybe it had the same effect as the current “Allowed application” option.

Yeah same I have never seen the ability to add applications to the trusted files list from a HIPS alert, but I’m guessing it was supposed to describe the ‘Treat As’ option in the alert and then choose the predefined rule set ‘Trusted Application’ which is now named as ‘Allowed Application’. It was available back in version 5.x as seen in the screen shots of v5 help documentation when you scroll down to 6. Protected File Alerts

I made a suggestion to change that text to this:

...For non-certified, unknown, applications, you will receive an alert whenever that application attempts to run or perform a HIPS monitored activity. Should you choose, you can add that new application to the HIPS rules list by choosing 'Treat as' and selecting 'Allowed Application' at the alert with remember my answer checked. This instructs HIPS to not generate an alert the next time the application performs a HIPS monitored activity.