File for Xtreme Download Manager Is Always Sandboxed [M667]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)

• Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
  • Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Yes, every time
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    a: - Open Xtreme Download Manager (downloaded from here: Xtreme Download Manager download | SourceForge.net), go to Tools → Browser integration → Monitor all browsers.
    b: - Check ‘Advanced Browser Integration’ box. In that moment, Comodo will trigger an alert about xdm_net_helper.exe which it automatically sandbox.
    c: - If I choose ‘Don’t isolate it again’ and try the above steps again, Comodo will sandbox this process every time.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: Comodo won’t sandbox this process the second time I try to activate the option ‘Advanced Browser Integration’
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: No
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: No
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:It appears that this file is being temporarily created and then deleted.
    Increasing the maximum file size for the real-time AV component to a file size large enough that it is larger than the problem file does not solve this problem.

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)

• Exact CIS version & configuration: CIS 6.3.294583.2937 with Proactive Security Configuration
  • Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: HIPS (Safe Mode), Autosandbox (Restricted), Firewall (Safe Mode), Antivirus (Stateful)
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): No
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: Yes
    [list type=lower-alpha][li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: No
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a= b=
    [/list]

C. ATTACH REQUIRED FILES

• Always attach - Diagnostics file[nobbc], Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
  • After you have attached the required files to your post please delete this section (section c) from your report.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please attach the diagnostics report and the process list. Also, attach the Defense+ log for a time period which shows this behavior.

Thank you.

Ok, I have attahced all the files required.

Thank you.

Can you check and see if the file is ever added to the trusted files list after selecting the option to not sandbox it again? I’d like to know if it’s never added or whether it’s added and then removed.

Thanks.

I’ve checked and the file is never added to ''Trusted files" section.

Okay, I’m confused about this one. Therefore, I’ll forward this to the devs.

However, before I do, can you please check and see if you can manually add this file to the Trusted Files List.

Thanks.

I can’t do it as the file seems to be blocked from being created or it’s temporary and being deleted right away.

It is created under C:\Users<user>\xdm_net_helper.exe.

Please try to investigate and fix it.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

How can I track this bug report and its evolution?

At the time there is now way for forum users to track the bug reports. I’m sorry, but at the moment I don’t have any additional information.

Please try increasing the AV scan threshold such that it is larger than the file in question, and see if that solves this. We have recently gotten some information from the devs which may explain this issue.

Thank you.

What do you mean by AV scan threshold ?
And as far as I see, there is no envolvement from the AV component here.

Sorry, my wording was confusing. Please try increasing the maximum file size for the real-time AV component to a file size larger than 40MB, and large enough that it is larger than the file you are experiencing problems with in this report.

Apparently this setting may have some effects for other areas as well, and I’d like to figure out if that’s what is going on for here as well.

Thanks.

I have done as you instructed me, but it doesn’t make any difference. The behaviour is still the same as described in this bug report.

Thank you for testing this. I have updated the first post and the tracker explaining that increasing the file size for the real-time AV scanner does not solve this.

Thanks again.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

I’ve retested with the new CIS 7 Final version and the bug is still not fixed. I am really disappointed here :frowning:

Thanks for checking this. I have updated the tracker.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.