Hi guys,

With the update to current version, some usability issues have arisen:

The interminable desktop Icon
For reasons I fail to comprehend, Comodo will maintain a desktop Icon. I remove it, Comodo adds it again. On any update, when I start the client, when I switch the view mode or whenever I unblock an Application. There probably are more triggers that cause this out there.
Could you please cease insisting that I have this useless Icon cluttering my desktop? I’ve got a try icon that gives me full access already, no point in that and I like my desktop clean. (If there’s an option somewhere to disable it, I haven’t found this)

Managing the sandbox
Whenever I start an unrecognized application (quite often, as I’m a developer and my application will evolve, otherwise my boss would probably have some … unfriendly words to say to me), it will be put in a sandbox. I’m fine with that, but not with how the thing is managed. Previously, it was one click on the popup and done. The new popup uses the messaging system of Windows and doesn’t have that option anymore. So I click on the message and it leads me to … the totally irrelevant message log, rather than where I can manage my applications. The log is fairly good by the way, the export however should also support .csv type.
Finally, I manage to find the setting - very conveniently placed in the basic view, good location though I think the click on the message should open this menu already, not the log - where unblocking is simple enough. That menu too could do with some improvements though:

• It should be presorted by date (newest first). Most often you’d go there for the application that was just blocked, so that should be the first item
  • Rightclicking on an entry and selecting unblock should unblock that entry (plus whatever else is currently marked). Currently it will error with “Please select an item”, since it goes by checkbox only, which is a bit unintuitive.
  • When unblocking files, a confirmation screen listing all items about to be unblocked might be a good idea, as errors happen and we don’t get to undo things here (come to think of it, an undo function might also be of some interest).

Cheers,
Bosparan

+1 for the interminable desktop icon :smiley:

And i wish suggest too a check box “Remember my choice” in the new alert window based on privacy protection for the web browser.
I try to add some site at the exlusion list, but seems it doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for support

The desktop icon issue has been fixed with the newest 10.0.1.6223 version.

Hi Bosparan,
Thanks for feedback and sorry for late reply.

[b]The interminable desktop Icon[/b] For reasons I fail to comprehend, Comodo will maintain a desktop Icon. I remove it, Comodo adds it again. On any update, when I start the client, when I switch the view mode or whenever I unblock an Application. There probably are more triggers that cause this out there. Could you please cease insisting that I have this useless Icon cluttering my desktop? I've got a try icon that gives me full access already, no point in that and I like my desktop clean. (If there's an option somewhere to disable it, I haven't found this)
The time you posted this message, we had this bug and as mentioned later in this thread, latest [url=https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016223-released-t119194.0.html]v6223[/url] fixes that.

Regarding other suggestions from you:

[b]Managing the sandbox[/b] Whenever I start an unrecognized application (quite often, as I'm a developer and my application will evolve, otherwise my boss would probably have some ... unfriendly words to say to me), it will be put in a sandbox. I'm fine with that, but not with how the thing is managed. Previously, it was one click on the popup and done. The new popup uses the messaging system of Windows and doesn't have that option anymore.
May you please share snapshot of the alert to be on same understanding?
The log is fairly good by the way, the export however should also support .csv type.
We do have export in html format and can think about .csv format.
- It should be presorted by date (newest first). Most often you'd go there for the application that was just blocked, so that should be the first item - Rightclicking on an entry and selecting unblock should unblock that entry (plus whatever else is currently marked). Currently it will error with "Please select an item", since it goes by checkbox only, which is a bit unintuitive. - When unblocking files, a confirmation screen listing all items about to be unblocked might be a good idea, as errors happen and we don't get to undo things here (come to think of it, an undo function might also be of some interest).

Unblocking menu has been added as new feature in CIS v10 and there are multiple wishlist items for it to be worked out in next releases e.g.
https://forums.comodo.com/verified-wish-reports-cis/a-purge-andor-remove-button-in-unblock-application-list-m1544-m1840-t117841.0.html

We will consider your suggestions as well.

Thanks
-umesh

Clicking on the notification opens the containment event logs. See bug 2134 in the tracker. Also this wish.

Thanks.

Any news about the check box? it’s very annoying have that popup any time that you open chrome. :stuck_out_tongue:

please see https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ise/comodo-internet-security-essentials-v1241961681-released-t119725.0.html