Feedback CESM 2.0.40909.1 (Beta 2 )

Hi,

Thanks for the excellent product.

This is my first report on the Second CESM Beta.

The installation went well. The configuration tool has no issues for me now. I have added a client via deployment and a client from client side. Both went smoothly.

Still, I do not find most of the points I pointed in my previous Beta1 feedback exist ‘as it is’ without any modification.

Unfortunately, I could not find the release notes too.

Here are my observations…

I still have no luck with my Firefox x 64, since “Silverlight” does not yet have an x64 version. I have to use IE (I have stopped using it for many years)

I do not find a way to identify what configuration a policy contains. Since, If I imported a policy from Client 3, later I am at Console and want to know what it is (whether archive scanning is allowed or not etc.,) I have no choice, I can not find it here at the console, nor I can see it at client 3; since, I first have to change it to local admin mode to even see things. Not an intuitive approach.

I still have this question unanswered, whether the exceptions and files added to D+ trusted files list are also imported to the console policy and applied to all systems or just the configuration is imported. We need a way to deal with exceptions and trusted files separately from CIS configuration.

It says I have one system which is non-compliant with the applied policy, but I do not have a way to find out how it differs from the applied policy. Either I have to stick to the non-complaint policy or force apply the standard policy without knowing what changes are going to happen in that system.

I do not still find a way to remove a managed client from console, we can only add but not delete.

It says in the dashboard that I have one infected computer, when I try to see the details, it shows the results of my previous scan, where in the infections were actually cleaned.

I think it should say, One computer has been cleaned or “contained infection” rather than simply say “infected”, which gives a false impression that it is still infected and I need to take action to clean it, where as it is actually already cleaned.

Again, the back button behavior is weird, instead of taking me to the previous page I was visiting, it takes me to the item above the current one in it’s hierarchy, it is annoying and frustrating too. I have to go through all the steps to just get to the previous page I was visiting…

That’s it for today, I will come back with more tomorrow.

Just to clarify, endpoints will indicate as “Malware Found” even if a previous scan detected and quarantined malware. To reset this indicator, a scan must have completed with no malware found to be sure that there are no more malwares on the endpoint and that endpoint is clean.

–Glen Marianko
Product Manager

Seems reasonable and logical.

No news for long time ???

I do not find anything much special/new to check with Beta 2. It’s almost the same as Beta 1, same look & feel with same feature set. I could not even figure out how many /what issues raised during Beta 1 feedback were addressed. Is anything happening there ?

i had the same thoughts. i installed and messed with beta 2 when it first was released and seen everything i reported and had issues with was still present, so i uninstalled right away

The links from Comodo 5.8.211697.2124 aren’t working :frowning: Screenshots @

http://s2.postimage.org/1pnrqk544/10_18_2011_1_50_55_PM.jpg

http://s2.postimage.org/1pogjmcis/10_18_2011_1_51_39_PM.jpg

… both, “Get it now” & “What is ESM?” bring up a 404 @ comodo.com:

http://s3.postimage.org/1rsczzx6s/10_18_2011_1_53_12_PM.jpg

http://s3.postimage.org/1rsq8ap50/10_18_2011_1_52_57_PM.jpg

Hope this isn’t a double-post?..:slight_smile:

Hi Siva,

As to your post:

I do not find a way to identify what configuration a policy contains. Since, If I imported a policy from Client 3, later I am at Console and want to know what it is (whether archive scanning is allowed or not etc.,) I have no choice, I can not find it here at the console, nor I can see it at client 3; since, I first have to change it to local admin mode to even see things. Not an intuitive approach.
we are glad to inform you that in the beta version of ESM, which was released yesterday, you will be able to know what CIS configuration a policy contains. Moreover, you will be able to change a number of settings of each CIS components (Antivirus, Firewall and Defense+). This is our first step on the way of configuring CIS through policies (since we haven’t covered the complete set of CIS settings), but we are planning to extend it by adding a possibility to edit lists of trusted files, vendors and exclusions and also to cover the rest of the settings. These should become available in one of next releases.

Please visit this link with the announcement for more details about this beta version: https://forums.comodo.com/endpoint-security-manager-20-business-edition/endpoint-security-manager-business-edition-21-beta-released-t83315.0.html

As usual we will be glad to hear your feedback.

Sincerely,
Alexander

Thanks for the great release with the most requested features :-TU

I will join you soon and send my feedback