feedback about comodo

I uninstalled just now comodo firewall, after 1 week. here is my feedback, if anybody is interested on that:

• package
    I think that the installation package has an insane size… when I want a firewall, I want a firewall and that’s it. I dont want chromodo and I also don’t want geekbuddy (that honestly geekbuddy is pure ■■■■… they move the mouse like 1 time each 5 minutes - guess they are talking with too much people at the same time). so, why not just explain the advantages of the programs (chromodo/geekbuddy) and link them to the website? yeah it’s 200MB… yet it’s a lot for just a firewall… comodo firewall is the one of it’s kind with more size, CF double’s the size of other firewalls that do the same almost…

• installation
    nothing to say about that… just more of the same: “hidden options” - options that anybody distracted with something will just leave ticked… like chromodo or geekbuddy…

• usage

1- extra features: when I searched for a firewall, I wanted a firewall, not a complete antivirus + firewall suite… the main reason of uninstalling comodo firewall, was that it monitors not only the internet, but my files as well. I want a firewall, not a antivirus… understand that please… I have my own antivirus to do what comodo is trying to… I know you want a pimp firewall, I get it… but when users search for a firewall, they want a firewall and that’s it, they dont want your “extra junk”. with this said, why not making a firewall-only program and get rid of that (horrible, with lot’s of false positives) antivirus built into the firewall? I have some programs that access the windows critical files for example. comodo blocked them and I spent like 10 minutes searching on the configuration to try to unblock those programs… no success… I couldnt find the option…
what I said, apply’s to geekbuddy and chromodo or comodo dragon or whatever you put on the installation package too. when I want a firewall, I search a firewall, I download a firewall and I want to install a firewall. all that comes with the firewall, like geekbuddy, becomes trash because I never searched for geekbuddy.

2- pop ups: insane… always showing a pop up every 5 minutes at the beggining… don’t you think it’s time that you - like many other companies- get your own “trust programs” file? save users some time? save the user’s brain? it’s really annoying trying to install a program and comodo is popping a bunch of pop ups, making me spend 2 minutes of my life clicking on buttons…

3- interface
not horrible, but not the best. yeah it’s pretty, but I can’t find some option so easily… like, how tha hell I add a program as trustable? that is a feature that should be seen barely we open the settings. not drop down menus or somethign else… a nice antivirus, firewall, etc. has that feature 2 clicks away… just look at glasswire: it’s a firewall manager. I only need 2 clicks on it’s interface to block/allow programs to connect.

4- crash’s
seems to crash leaving me unprotected. during this week, comodo crashed unexpectally 2 times, or it seemed that way. gadget disappearing, the comodo icon missing on the taskbar…

5- overload
it’s overloaded with information and features, meaning I don’t find it simple to use.

6- false positives
I wanted to use some programs during this week. comodo blocked them and I could not find a way to unblock them. I know that I can trust on those programs, I’ve been using them for years… the programs were: cheat engine, dopamine (using for months), mozilla thunderbird and gyazo.

7- resources
compared to glasswire (my old firewall) comodo consumes 3 times more ram and processor than GW (and GW is in beta version). I’ve seen comodo using 250MB of ram. GW uses up to 50MB and does what it’s ment to: block apps. meaning, comodo firewall is using 200MB of ram to run features that are not necessary to do a firewall’s work. comodo firewall is not a firewall at my eyes.

to finalize, the program looks nice, really good, good firewall security. yet with such a “extra” protection made it abuse of resources, make it ugly, unclean and do things users don’t want to.
I don’t keep changelogs or other information related to the program. I just deleted all the folders and registry keys that are from comodo firewall. anyway, this is my feedback. it’s given. read it, use it, abuse it or trash it. I might answer to this topic.

have a nice day.

A smaller installer has been requested by various others.

- installation nothing to say about that... just more of the same: "hidden options" - options that anybody distracted with something will just leave ticked... like chromodo or geekbuddy...
The installation of both can disabled. When installing I will by default look for the customisation options with any program.
- usage

1- extra features: when I searched for a firewall, I wanted a firewall, not a complete antivirus + firewall suite… the main reason of uninstalling comodo firewall, was that it monitors not only the internet, but my files as well. I want a firewall, not a antivirus… understand that please… I have my own antivirus to do what comodo is trying to… I know you want a pimp firewall, I get it… but when users search for a firewall, they want a firewall and that’s it, they dont want your “extra junk”. with this said, why not making a firewall-only program and get rid of that (horrible, with lot’s of false positives) antivirus built into the firewall? I have some programs that access the windows critical files for example. comodo blocked them and I spent like 10 minutes searching on the configuration to try to unblock those programs… no success… I couldnt find the option…
what I said, apply’s to geekbuddy and chromodo or comodo dragon or whatever you put on the installation package too. when I want a firewall, I search a firewall, I download a firewall and I want to install a firewall. all that comes with the firewall, like geekbuddy, becomes trash because I never searched for geekbuddy.

There is a separate download for the installer of the firewall. Although in the hidden options you can untick the installation of the AV or uninstall afterwards using teh add/remove components option of the uninstaller.

2- pop ups: insane... always showing a pop up every 5 minutes at the beggining... don't you think it's time that you - like many other companies- get your own "trust programs" file? save users some time? save the user's brain? it's really annoying trying to install a program and comodo is popping a bunch of pop ups, making me spend 2 minutes of my life clicking on buttons...
With default settings it should be pretty quiet. Without additional information I cannot comment.
3- interface not horrible, but not the best. yeah it's pretty, but I can't find some option so easily... like, how tha hell I add a program as trustable? that is a feature that should be seen barely we open the settings. not drop down menus or somethign else... a nice antivirus, firewall, etc. has that feature 2 clicks away... just look at glasswire: it's a firewall manager. I only need 2 clicks on it's interface to block/allow programs to connect.
There is room for improvement.
4- crash's seems to crash leaving me unprotected. during this week, comodo crashed unexpectally 2 times, or it seemed that way. gadget disappearing, the comodo icon missing on the taskbar...]/quote]That may have been the client crashing. Did you check if cmdagent.exe was running? THat is the process that does the actual protection as a service in the background.

[quote[5- overload
it’s overloaded with information and features, meaning I don’t find it simple to use.

6- false positives
I wanted to use some programs during this week. comodo blocked them and I could not find a way to unblock them. I know that I can trust on those programs, I’ve been using them for years… the programs were: cheat engine, dopamine (using for months), mozilla thunderbird and gyazo.

7- resources
compared to glasswire (my old firewall) comodo consumes 3 times more ram and processor than GW (and GW is in beta version). I’ve seen comodo using 250MB of ram. GW uses up to 50MB and does what it’s ment to: block apps. meaning, comodo firewall is using 200MB of ram to run features that are not necessary to do a firewall’s work. comodo firewall is not a firewall at my eyes.

to finalize, the program looks nice, really good, good firewall security. yet with such a “extra” protection made it abuse of resources, make it ugly, unclean and do things users don’t want to.
I don’t keep changelogs or other information related to the program. I just deleted all the folders and registry keys that are from comodo firewall. anyway, this is my feedback. it’s given. read it, use it, abuse it or trash it. I might answer to this topic.

have a nice day.

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback, I truly appreciate it.

This feedback will be considered by the development team.

Melih

well, I can’t really tell. I use taskmanager frequently, but usually to look out for my computer resources and internet usage, also to shut down services or other things. but I never tried to look out for that process when the program crashed, because usually from all the programs I use, when something crash’s usually everything is shut down…

Thank you very much for your time and valuable feedbacks.

We will definitely consider your feedback and I’m happy to inform that we already took some actions to fix these items.

Thanks again and want to see your reviews in the future.

Regards,

I was just curious. The client programs cis.exe or cistray.exe may crash but cmdagent.exe will still protect you.