False Positive 3.14 (latest), Winrar and Utorrent

Comodo 3.14.130099.587 (latest before V4)
Virusdatabase: 4597 (latest as far as I know)

Getting false positives on the Utorrent auto-update’s (don’t know the exact heur. it gives since i don’t have it at hand right now but it still gives it wen you autoupdate)

False positive on Winrar:

Source: Program Files\WinRAR\Wincon.SFX
Mallwarename: Heur.Packed.Unknown

Source: Program Files\WinRAR\Zip.SFX
Malwarename: Heur.Packed.Unknown

Source: Program Files\WinRAR\Default.SFX

Well that’s it, mostlikely has been reported before but still isen’t fixed.
(found the Winrar false positves on High Heuristics, the Utorrent one just pops up as soon as you update, no need to scan that the realtime scanner picks it up even with heuristics on low.)

Hello Saintj,

Please submit the detected files to us using Comodo Antivirus Database | Submit Files for Malware Analysis and we’ll get back to you with an answer soon.

Best regards,
FlorinG

It won’t upload, that’s why i did it this way, followed the guidelines of Comodo Forum

and well it’s just WinRAR 3.80 beta 4, hasen’t been tempered with, just downloaded it from rarlabs (plus its a crummy old version so it should be known as a false positive :P).

As for Utorrent, same goes for that but there have been false positive reports on it in V4 (been browsing the forums a bit).

Think this info should do the trick to be honest :slight_smile: WinRAR isen’t malicious, i’ve never been infected with anything.

hi Saintj

This FPs you reported:
Source: Program Files\WinRAR\Wincon.SFX
Mallwarename: Heur.Packed.Unknown

Source: Program Files\WinRAR\Zip.SFX

Source: Program Files\WinRAR\Default.SFX

have been fixed.Please check in virus signature database 4601.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks, works like a charm, keep up the good work :-TU :slight_smile: