Failure to login to admin console

I’ve installed the server version + admin console on a test VM running
XPSP2. Now, as we’re only running NT4 domain right now, I tried logging
in as if I had a workgroup. First there was no response, the server
(localhost of the admin console VM) actively refused the connection. I
checked, and the comodo service was not running. I started it manually,
and was able to get by that, and got this error:
Cannot load type ‘SrvCore.SubSystemCatalog, CrmSrvCore’.

Any ideas?

Hi jp10558,

Did you install SQL EXPRESS 2005 SP2 on your host machine before CESM?
If so, then please, check that sqlservr.exe is runnig.

I had not installed it before installing CEM, I installed it later when I was informed I needed to do so. Should I uninstall and reinstall CEM then?

Yes, please.

No conection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:9001

I am having the same problem and I installed MSQL 2005 Express before Installing CEM. Was there something special I was supposed to setup in MSQL?

I check and both CESM and SQL services are running.

Thanks.

My problem is fixed. I was not using the @domain in the custom login field.

My problem was fixed by uninstalling and then re-installing CEM. My bad - I totally misunderstood the requirements - I thought it was going to install MSSQL Express for me as part of the install.

We do not redistribute MSQL 2005 Express. Furthermore, in the future versions it will be possible to use your corporate DB server available in the local network if any.

I have a similar problem.

I’m running a Vista 64-bit Business machine with 3 XP SP3 machines as a test environment.

I’ve installed MS SQL 2005 SP2 (Version 9.00.3068.00)

I’ve granted my personal Windows Admin account SysAdmin for the SQL Database

Then I’ve installed CESM Server and Console on the same machine and now I get a message that the Access is refused each time I try to login with my Windows Authentication. What did I miss?

Hi Ogerwahn !

Can You view Event log → Comodo and post to forum errors if errors exist ? Also check for CRMData database on MS SQL server

I can see the CRMDATA on the MS SQL Server via SQL Server Management Studio Express.

I’ve got this error several times in the event log, if you can tell me a way to convert it into english you’r welcome. The errors are in german:

Mapper service failure. Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Die von der Anmeldung angeforderte "CrmData"-Datenbank kann nicht geöffnet werden. Fehler bei der Anmeldung.
Fehler bei der Anmeldung für den Benutzer 'NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM'.
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   bei CRM.SrvCore.Data.DataMapper.Load(IBizPredicate predicate) in D:\Work\VS2005\Projects\Comodo\CRM50078\SrvCore\Data\DataMapper.cs:Zeile 73.. Call stack: 
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
   bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   bei CRM.SrvCore.Data.DataMapper.Load(IBizPredicate predicate) in D:\Work\VS2005\Projects\Comodo\CRM50078\SrvCore\Data\DataMapper.cs:Zeile 73.

anyone any idea what the error could be?

MS SQL 2005 SP2 (Version 9.00.3068.00). Is it EXPRESS edition ?

If you use 64-bit OS, pls download new CESM version becouse sometimes CESM cannot connect to database on 64 bit OS. This defect was fixed.

I’m having the same problem - target machine actively refused connection. I do not have Express installed. I have the full version of SQL Server 2005.90.3068.0000 (which includes SP2).

Now CESM uses ONLY MSSQL 2005 Express edition. Support for other SQL servers will be added in future.

OK - I uninstalled CESM then installed SQL server 2005 Express and reinstalled CESM and now I am able to log in - although not with Windows Authorization.

Can you post your error message when Windows Authorization fails ?
Did you choose default authorization to be “Windows Authorization” when you installed MSSQL server 2005 ?